Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Bowsight recommendations! >

Bowsight recommendations!

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Bowsight recommendations!

Old 04-20-2007, 05:58 AM

Default Bowsight recommendations!

I am looking for a solid, dependable and bright bow sight with 4-5 pins. I want something that will handle western Big Game Hunting abuse!

I have been told that the following 4 will fit the bill, but I am looking for any input on these or some other bowsights that I may have overlooked.

Copper John Dead Nuts 2 Hunter Pro
Extreme Archery RT900
Sword Apex Twilight Hunter
Trophy Ridge MATRIX 5 Pin

BSLugnut
Old 04-20-2007, 07:35 AM
RMA
Fork Horn

Default RE: Bowsight recommendations!

I'm partial to Spot Hogg
Old 04-20-2007, 08:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Quite a few sights will work for you. The BlackGold sight will certainly work--another, is the new Spot Hogg Wrap---which can fit any of the Spot Hogg sights.
I recently fitted a wrap to my Hunter Hogg It, and the difference was extreme!!! The pins are as bright as if using a light--and when the light is used the pins are very defined!!!
The great thing about the light is, it's encased in the wrap frame, and so directs all the light to the fiber optics. As well as the 'glow' than is usually associated with exposed lights has been drastically reduced with this design.
It is quite an impressive set up.

Old 04-20-2007, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the new copper john competition sight and love it. For a target sight its pretty solid and durable, Ive seen the hunter series and would deffinetly recomend them out of the sights you listed.
Old 04-21-2007, 04:11 PM

Check out the fuse line of sights also. I just got one for my bow and it is pretty sturdy and the pins are very bright!!!!
Old 04-21-2007, 06:11 PM

Trophy Ridge is the only one of those brands that I have experience with. I love mine. It's 5-pin (I only use 3) and you can adjust it WITHOUT allen wrenches. It's got a cam type mechanism that is a lever you just swing down and then you use another lever to raise and lower the pin. Sounds complicated but its not. I've never had one come loose.

The great thing about archery nowadays is that there is quality everywhere...just take your pick.
Old 04-21-2007, 07:32 PM

Cosmic Ring sights havefiber optics within metal pins. One of the most durablesights on the market.

I have had problems with Trophy Ridge sights breaking off fiber optics and pins moving because the lockdown system has it's flaws.
Old 04-28-2007, 04:09 PM

G5 optix me.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:16 PM

HHA Optimizer
Old 05-01-2007, 08:33 AM
Fork Horn

Ya know that there is goign to be a large number of sights out there that are goign to fit the bill.
You just have to decide what you need from it. When I get a sight I want extremly percise adjustments, a lot of light grabbing fiber optics, and last I want one that will not get bumped out of sith you get one that meets thoes requierments no matter what style you have a great sight.
Try them before you buy them.

Quick Reply: Bowsight recommendations!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.