Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Hoyt Vectrix or Matthews Switchback XT >

Hoyt Vectrix or Matthews Switchback XT

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Hoyt Vectrix or Matthews Switchback XT

Old 04-15-2007, 08:25 PM

Default Hoyt Vectrix or Matthews Switchback XT

I am currently shooting a 2003 Hoyt Razortec, with a extreme sight and muzzy drop away. I am looking into getting a new bow and can't deceide what to get. I like Hoyt Vertrixbut would consider a Matthews Switchback or another Matthews. How do these bows compare to my Razortec, I know they are better. I just want to know what I am going to notice. Am I going to notice much of a difference? Thanks for the help guys, I am new to the site. [align=right][/align]

Old 04-15-2007, 08:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hoyt Vectrix or Matthews Switchback XT

It seems that most folks on many of the forums that have had to make the same choice this season are going with the Hoyt Vectrix. Hoyt really hit a homerun with this bow for '07. It honestly is the most popular Hoyt I ever remember seeing. I've seen some folks make the switch to this bow that I never thought would have shot Hoyt, I think that's saying something? Bottom line is that you obviously are going to have to shoot 'em both, side by side if you can, and then choose. Personally, I'd choose the Hoyt simply from the incredible feel of the grip and overall balance of the rig to the smooth draw and buil-in sts type dampner. It is a shooter! Good luck and good shootin'
Old 04-15-2007, 09:33 PM

you can't go wrong with the hoyt, best limbs in the industry, try them both side by side one will shine a little brighter than the other.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:50 PM

i shot them both and preferred the mathews,but i would say to try them both for yourself and just see which one feels better.good luck
Old 04-16-2007, 06:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

I prefer the Mathews as well... but like everyone said... shoot them both... you'll know which one is right for you. Either way, you can't go wrong.

Good luck.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:42 PM

Can't go wrong with getting another Hoyt, I couldn't imagine making the switch from Hoyt to Mathews
Old 04-16-2007, 02:55 PM

Both bows are awesome, I made the switch last year from a vipertech to a switchback XT- an extreme step up in smoothness and lack of handshock, but not so much speed. You should try shooting the Drenalin as well.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:12 PM

And while your shooting, try the Vulcan too.....I shot the Vectrix next to the Switchback and liked the Vectrix better personally. My buddy has a Switchback and loves it....I liked the Drenalin better than the Switchback myself. I am just leary of the Drenalin as I have heard of a few incidents of the limbs cracking from the limb bolt area. But a buddy of mine has one and it is AWESOME.

I shot the Vectrix and Vulcan next to each other and had my eyes closed as guy at my bowshop handed me a bow (Vectrix or Vulcan without telling me which one it was) and did this about 15 times. I honestly couldnt tell the difference except the Vulcan's arrow made more noisewhen it hit the target (indoors of course). As you can see in my signature, I went with the Vulcan and couldnt be happier.

For me it became out of the Vectrix, Drenalin, and Vulcan as the Vulcan WAS last on my list only because I was scared of the brace height......I bit the bullet, went for the smooth speed of the Vulcan and have found out after 300 - 400 arrows, that it is VERY forgiving.....2" groups @ 20 and 4" groups at 40 yards....that's as good as I can shoot with any bow, even with my Diamond Hornet with an 8" BH.

Just do yourself a favor and shoot the Vulcan, Vectrix,Drenalin, Switchback, Guardian, Ross Cardiac, PSE X-Force, Elite Synergy, and what ever else you can before you buy....You'll be glad you did.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I switched from hoyt to mathews several years ago and have not been a bit sorry. This don't mean that if someone came out with something clearly superior to mathews products that I wouldn't latch onto it in a heartbeat however. Until this happens,I will stick to my mathews switchback xt. I do try shooting other bows at local pro shop,and have seen no reason to decide tofix something that ain't broke.
P.S. I do like alpine softloc quivers more than mathews arrow web,as well as other accs.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

I shot the Vectrix against the Drenalin and Switchback ..... I chose the Drenalin 1st, Switchback 2nd over the Vectrix

Quick Reply: Hoyt Vectrix or Matthews Switchback XT

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.