HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hoyt Vectrix or Matthews Switchback XT
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2007, 08:12 PM
doublelunginem

Default RE: Hoyt Vectrix or Matthews Switchback XT

And while your shooting, try the Vulcan too.....I shot the Vectrix next to the Switchback and liked the Vectrix better personally. My buddy has a Switchback and loves it....I liked the Drenalin better than the Switchback myself. I am just leary of the Drenalin as I have heard of a few incidents of the limbs cracking from the limb bolt area. But a buddy of mine has one and it is AWESOME.

I shot the Vectrix and Vulcan next to each other and had my eyes closed as guy at my bowshop handed me a bow (Vectrix or Vulcan without telling me which one it was) and did this about 15 times. I honestly couldnt tell the difference except the Vulcan's arrow made more noisewhen it hit the target (indoors of course). As you can see in my signature, I went with the Vulcan and couldnt be happier.

For me it became out of the Vectrix, Drenalin, and Vulcan as the Vulcan WAS last on my list only because I was scared of the brace height......I bit the bullet, went for the smooth speed of the Vulcan and have found out after 300 - 400 arrows, that it is VERY forgiving.....2" groups @ 20 and 4" groups at 40 yards....that's as good as I can shoot with any bow, even with my Diamond Hornet with an 8" BH.

Just do yourself a favor and shoot the Vulcan, Vectrix,Drenalin, Switchback, Guardian, Ross Cardiac, PSE X-Force, Elite Synergy, and what ever else you can before you buy....You'll be glad you did.