Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 I shot the X-Force today!!!! >

I shot the X-Force today!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

I shot the X-Force today!!!!

Old 04-14-2007, 07:47 PM

Default I shot the X-Force today!!!!

And I still like my Vulcan better!!!!

I shot2 X-forces today...One set at 64#/30.5" and the other at 70#/29".

Here's how the speeds compared against my Vulcan set at 70#/30":

Test one (537 grain arrow.... Vulcan vs. X-Force 64#/30.5")
Vulcan....276 fps
X-Force....289 fps

Test two (457 grain arrow.... Vulcan vs. X-Force 70#/29")
Vulcan....296 fps
X-Force...301 fps

As you can see, the X-Force is a LOT faster...by my calculations, anywhere from 15 to 22 fps faster (if the X-Force had be a 30"/70# set up) but that's the only area, IMO, that the X force beat my Vulcan.

Don't get me wrong, I like the X-Force and would own one, but the speed alone wasnt enough to convince me to replace my Vulcan.
The Vulcan's draw cycle was much smoother as the X-Force was quite harsh. The 64# X-Force was HARDER to draw than my Vulcan. The 70# X-Force felt harder to draw back than an 80# Vulcan. Both bows were rigged out completely and the X-Force had a considerable amount of more handshock than my Vulcan. As far as quietness, they sounded the same to me.

The X-Force is an impressive bow, I just have all the speed I need....I would rather drop $200 on 80# limbs for my Vulcan (which, I ordered today), than to drop $750 on a X-Force. IMO, the Vulcan at 80# will give me the same speed performance of the 70# X-Force if not better and is even slightly easier to draw back. Not to mention smoother and less vibration.

Thanks for reading!!!

Old 04-15-2007, 11:57 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: I shot the X-Force today!!!!

So you thinking that 80# limbs are going to give you less vibration??? Let me know how that goes.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:28 PM

Default RE: I shot the X-Force today!!!!

I'm sure it will have a little more vibration, but if I go with a heavy enough arrow to keep my bow shooting the same speed I am shooting now, then I wont experience any more vibration than I am now. The string, limbs, and cables will be moving the same speed. The heavier arrow will take on the extra KE. Either way, the X-force had a SIGNIFICANT amount of more vibration than my Vulcan.....basically like going from practically dead in your hand with a 537 grain arrow (Vulcan) to jumping out your hand (X-Force).