HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I shot the X-Force today!!!!
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2007, 07:47 PM
doublelunginem

Default I shot the X-Force today!!!!

And I still like my Vulcan better!!!!

I shot2 X-forces today...One set at 64#/30.5" and the other at 70#/29".

Here's how the speeds compared against my Vulcan set at 70#/30":

Test one (537 grain arrow.... Vulcan vs. X-Force 64#/30.5")
Vulcan....276 fps
X-Force....289 fps

Test two (457 grain arrow.... Vulcan vs. X-Force 70#/29")
Vulcan....296 fps
X-Force...301 fps

As you can see, the X-Force is a LOT faster...by my calculations, anywhere from 15 to 22 fps faster (if the X-Force had be a 30"/70# set up) but that's the only area, IMO, that the X force beat my Vulcan.

Don't get me wrong, I like the X-Force and would own one, but the speed alone wasnt enough to convince me to replace my Vulcan.
The Vulcan's draw cycle was much smoother as the X-Force was quite harsh. The 64# X-Force was HARDER to draw than my Vulcan. The 70# X-Force felt harder to draw back than an 80# Vulcan. Both bows were rigged out completely and the X-Force had a considerable amount of more handshock than my Vulcan. As far as quietness, they sounded the same to me.

The X-Force is an impressive bow, I just have all the speed I need....I would rather drop $200 on 80# limbs for my Vulcan (which, I ordered today), than to drop $750 on a X-Force. IMO, the Vulcan at 80# will give me the same speed performance of the 70# X-Force if not better and is even slightly easier to draw back. Not to mention smoother and less vibration.

Thanks for reading!!!