Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

whisker biscuts

Old 04-26-2007, 11:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: whisker biscuts

I have a whisker and they do not rip of any fletching. It might slow it down but i am not for sure about that either.But i like mine
Old 05-19-2007, 09:28 AM

I USE THE 2'' BLAZER VANES WITH THE WHISKER BISCUIT, AND I WILL NOT USE ANY OTHER REST. YOU COULD SHOOT YOUR BOW UPSIDE DOWN IF YOU HAD TO! YOUR ARROW WILL NEVER FALL OFF WHILE YOU ARE HUNTING!!
Old 05-19-2007, 10:03 AM

wb for me great rest with blazers
Old 05-19-2007, 07:03 PM

I gave the WB a second chance before purchasing my Trophy Taker. Needless to say, I went with a drop away. I wanted a rest that was quiet and the WB just didn't do anything for me.

Old 05-20-2007, 10:00 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: nakedhunter

I have had vanes slowly torn off. The way I shoot, one of my vanes (5" on Easton Alum xx75 2215) hits the black bottom whiskers which appear to be stiffer than the brown. Not only does this tear vanes but the vane starts cutting the whiskers off. Right now I have a groove into the black about half way into the biscuit. I haven't tried the glue trick but will have to try that out.
I was told to put the cock vane up with the WB because the black bristles are meant to support the arrow on the rest. Is this correct?

Good Hunting,
Bowflex
Old 05-20-2007, 10:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yes, cock vane up.
Old 05-20-2007, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Had WB andliked it. Just decided to go to drop away. (QAD Ultra Rest)

Couldn't help myself. I'm a tinkerer.

Josh, Josh, Josh
The WB is a great rest. I just started back to shooting after a 2 yr layoff and was accurate out past 50 yds.

The WB was a little louder.

Old 05-20-2007, 11:24 AM

Dave, Dave, Dave.....you shoot with your eyes closed! How can you say that you were accurate out to 50yds?

lol j/k

The engineering of a WB has me baffled. How can you gain good accuracy when your vanes sift through the WB's whiskers differently each time?

I'll edit my post to take off my dumb comment. lol
Old 05-21-2007, 12:27 AM
Spike

Hello let me tell you i use whisker biscuit and i love it
especially in a stalk situation, which here in northern illinois you need in some corn fields, But i have a sad story about me one time, back in 1996 i was in the tree stand, and i was watching deer after deer come out the woods going to the soybean field about 75 yards away. so about 2 hours later i get out the stand walk over to the hedge row and wait, then just before dark about 10 to 15 yards away a big beautiful buck came out
in to the field right in front of me licking his branch
Now i was still green to the fact of hunting in some ways, But this is the kicker. i had a TM hunter rest and aluminum arrow shafts, and i forgot to put the dampeners on the tm hunter fork, for silent draw. so when i drew, lets just say
you can hear it for miles. a loud ssssssshhhhhhhhhh sound. lol. deer looked at me. i got shot off he hit the dirt arrow over his head and all i seen after that was me crying and his big white tail running off, lol
same year, my father law never been hunting before ever. so he was walking in a brush field and sat in his blind. a doe walked bye him, im waiting to hear him say i got it
im about 200 yards away watching in my glasses, nothing happened. we went to the truck it was dark. he said to me" my bow got tangled in some weeds and i just yanked it and tore the rest off LOL. so he said i culd of hit the deer with a rock it was so close and he said it just looked at me for a few minutes,, so yes i like whisker biscuit
Old 05-21-2007, 12:19 PM

They make drop aways that hold your arrow in place. I have a rip cord drop away on my bow and love it.

Quick Reply: whisker biscuts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.