HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - whisker biscuts
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2007, 12:27 AM
daughenbaugh hunter
Spike

Default RE: whisker biscuts

Hello let me tell you i use whisker biscuit and i love it
especially in a stalk situation, which here in northern illinois you need in some corn fields, But i have a sad story about me one time, back in 1996 i was in the tree stand, and i was watching deer after deer come out the woods going to the soybean field about 75 yards away. so about 2 hours later i get out the stand walk over to the hedge row and wait, then just before dark about 10 to 15 yards away a big beautiful buck came out
in to the field right in front of me licking his branch
Now i was still green to the fact of hunting in some ways, But this is the kicker. i had a TM hunter rest and aluminum arrow shafts, and i forgot to put the dampeners on the tm hunter fork, for silent draw. so when i drew, lets just say
you can hear it for miles. a loud ssssssshhhhhhhhhh sound. lol. deer looked at me. i got shot off he hit the dirt arrow over his head and all i seen after that was me crying and his big white tail running off, lol
same year, my father law never been hunting before ever. so he was walking in a brush field and sat in his blind. a doe walked bye him, im waiting to hear him say i got it
im about 200 yards away watching in my glasses, nothing happened. we went to the truck it was dark. he said to me" my bow got tangled in some weeds and i just yanked it and tore the rest off LOL. so he said i culd of hit the deer with a rock it was so close and he said it just looked at me for a few minutes,, so yes i like whisker biscuit