Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Easton FMJ

Old 02-25-2007, 10:43 AM

Default Easton FMJ

I was looking for a review on these arrows, ups and downs to them thanks for you input.
Old 02-25-2007, 08:46 PM

Default RE: Easton FMJ

PM Washington Hunter, I believe he shoots them.
Old 02-25-2007, 11:56 PM

I do in fact shoot them.

Mind you I've only been shooting them for roughly two months now, but so far I love these arrows.

When shopping for arrows when I purchased my Allegiance I wanted something on the heavier side that would still shoot relatively fast. I told myself if I could shoot a heavier arrow at 275fps or more I would be happy. Completely set up, my 27-inch arrows fitted with 7" wraps and blazer vanes weigh 427 grains. Each arrows is +/- .5 grains of each other. Now, I haven't shot them through a chronograph, but using a tool I found online my71#Ally should be spittin' these arrows downrange at 276fps with 70.1# KE. With my relatively short draw I'm happy with this combination of speed and KE.

I also really like the Slim technology incorporated into these arrows. I shot them into my Morrell Yellow Jacket field point target aside my old Gold Tip XT's and the FMJ's penetrated about six inches more.

The only problem thats arrisen so far is I hit an insert that fell out in my target and it dented the alluminum shell. However, after shooting this same arrow several times since then it shoots no different than the other five and still groups with the rest.

Look at them as an inside out A/C/C with a slimmer design. The straightness of alluminum with the durability of carbon; you can't go wrong with these arrows.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:43 PM

He washington hunter, if you do not have a hunting show yet, I believe that you are destined to get one. REALLY good info, by far the best that i have recieved on the FMJ, I appreciate it.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot them out of my Dually and they shoot really, really well. Arrow with a Lumenok weighs 494 grains, draw weight is 71#, 30" draw, 290fps for around 92# of KE.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:07 AM

I really liked the idea of the FMJ's, so I bought a 1/2 doz 400s to try them out. I really like their look and the way they shoot in the wind, however because of the aluminum skin they will keep a bend. I kept three aside for targets, and tipped the other three with G5 SGH. All of my target arrows are just as strait as when I brought them home, but two of the 3 that I have been small game and stump shooting with have a very noticeable bend. In my personal opinion the aluminum skin isn't what isn’t cracked up to be.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:57 PM

I shoot the FMJ 340's with 2" QS vanes. I love them. I am grained out to 450 grains. I'm shooting those at 297 fps.....88# of KE. They are really great arrows. Washingtonhunter really summed it up. I find that my set up (28" arrow, 100 grain tip) that the FOC must be pretty darn spot on. My Montec G5's fly dead on with my field tips out to 50 yards. I imagine that they would be on to 70 yards, but I have only 4 pins.