Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

New Turbine tip

Old 03-08-2007, 10:00 AM

Default New Turbine tip

Hi, I was wondering if any of you guys have heard anything about the new turbine tips, they look pretty cool.http://www.spintite.com/turbinetip.html
Old 03-08-2007, 10:09 AM

Default RE: New Turbine tip

"unaffected by crosswinds" . . . if you believe that, I have some swamp land in Arizona for sale.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

The archer makes an arrow more "accurate" not the arrow. Plus, think about this, the flecthing on the back of an arrow is going to control how much spin the arrow has, there is just no way these tips can produce enough spin to out power the fletchings!
I wonder, if a guy were to put these on an arrow with no fletchings, how fast could they make an arrow spin? I'd guess not very fast at all because they just don't have enough area to them to catch much air to begin with!
They look like another waste of money to me!
Old 03-08-2007, 03:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought some havent tried them yet. Not really expecting much of a difference but they do look cool, mainly bought them because they're suppose to pull out of the targets easier. We will see next sunday.
Old 03-09-2007, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Something else to think about, their claim about "no wind drift" cracks me up, as a comparison think about a rifle bullet, it leaves the barrel spinning, has very little cross-sectional area, BUT yet if there is a cross wind, the bullet will drift!
So how in the world would an arrow not drift in a cross-wind also! To claim that this little tip will keep it from drifting is plan 'ol advertising bunk!