Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Browning bows

Old 02-15-2007, 01:46 PM
Typical Buck

Default Browning bows

Let me just start off with I have never owned a bow before and i would like to get into the sport. Ive been hunting a while now but only with rifles.

I want to know if browning bows are any good? what should i look for in a bow. I just looked on there site and there illusion trance cam looks to be one hell of a rig but i dont know. also what kind of equpiment would i need to get for the bow for it to be ready to hunt with? i wont be hunting from a stand at all and im 6,1" if it makes any difference. o also what about draw weight 60-70 lbs which do you suggest?

Sorry about all the questions but i didnt know where else to start.
Heres a link to the browning bow i talked about.
http://www.browning-archery.com/prod.php?k=62105&u=Illusion

or the fred bear
The Truth
http://www.beararcheryproducts.com/bows/compound/truth/
Old 02-15-2007, 03:26 PM

Default RE: Browning bows

That should be another great bow! I have the Rage One and think it's the best bow ever--in a way. Buy whatever bow suits you best. If that's the Illusion, then great!

I'm a PSE fan as well--big time. They should have many suitable bows to suit you very well.
Old 02-15-2007, 06:19 PM

I have the "Truth" and love it. Like the other guy said get what fits you the best. Whats good for me might not be good foryou. Also don't buy into the hype of any one brand.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:46 PM

I just bought an illusion today after I shot it I just knew it was the bow for me. just like the others say go and shoot as many bows as you can and there will be one certain bow you will not want to put down
Old 02-15-2007, 11:09 PM

gopher-slayer :

archery is just the best

Just try as many bows possibly,one is made for you ...

Hopely you can get one from a great dealer that will spend some

x'tra time with you & have you set-up & ready to go - with everything

you'll need (along with some good advice)

take care,
Old 02-16-2007, 08:41 AM
Fork Horn

I can't remember what model my browning bow is but i bought it 3 years ago and i've never missed a deer with it!! I really like it and it's so comfortable to shoot, the let off is awesome!!
Old 02-16-2007, 09:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Old Browning Storm(It hasnt been shot in over 12yrs)and I wouldnt think twice about grabbing some arrows and takeing it out hunting.
For a old bow its very nice and Quite with no add ons.
Old 02-16-2007, 04:59 PM

ya, makesure you try out lots and get the one that feels best to YOU, not what everybody says. Never shot the browning though, more of a pse fan.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:09 PM
Fork Horn

I purchased a Browning Tornado about 5 years ago and like it very much. I am 6'7" tall with a very long draw so I had to be particular about the bow I purchased. For the price, I think it was a wise choice.
Best of luck in your search.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:24 PM

i just bought and illusion and cant wait for it to come it. I shot one at the pro shop and it was the smootest bow I have ever shot.

Quick Reply: Browning bows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.