Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Browning bows

Old 02-27-2007, 07:56 AM

Default RE: Browning bows

here ia a pic of my Illusion and my wifes Micro Adrenaline XS. you will love it. smurphy<><

Old 02-27-2007, 10:45 AM

I don't know how deep into archery you want to get, but I can suggest that you keep an open mind and shoot everything you can put your hands on. When it comes to bows, generally your protected brands such as Bow Tech, Hoyt, Ross, and Mathews are truly a better choice. Browning, PSE, and Archery Research are all made by PSE. I don't want to say they are bad bows, because their not, but there are better bows on the market.Over the years I have owned PSE, Mathews, Jennings, Bear, and Bow Tech. Right now I shoot a Bow Tech Allegiance. To be 100% satisfied, you need to really do your homework and shoot as many bows as you can before you make your final decision.

Old 02-27-2007, 10:48 AM

I started with a Browning 15 years. Good bows at a good price. When you get into it you'll want to step up to the next level.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:30 AM

(Blax1142) You made a great choice. I have two buddies that have the allegiance and we shoot alot and 80% of the time I out shoot there (protected brand )but it was my second choice before I bought my Illusion it didn't shoot as good for me as the Illusion didthe grip was to small for me and it wasn't as smooth or as quiet but a good bow. and this is the Mathew switchback xt I sold
In no way shape or form did I go (down a level ) when I bought my Illusion for me it was leaps and bounds ahead of what I had. Now don't get me wrong it is a good bow but not for me.
Old 03-02-2007, 06:20 AM
Host of Hosts

I owned a Browning F-5 Tornado and liked it alot, that is until I started shooting other bows to compare. I shot the "protected bows" Mathews, Hoyt, Bowtech and Ross, as well as Darton and Reflex. I ended up with a Hoyt Trykon last year and this year I have the Vectrix. You should never choose a bow based on name recognition only. You'll be doing yourself a huge disservice(sp). The top bow makers are so close in quality and everything else that a simple thing like the size of the grip can make all the difference to an individual shooter. In my case it was the grip on the Hoyt's over the Mathews and Bowtech's of last year the sealed the deal for me. Shoot them all.
Old 03-02-2007, 07:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bought a Browning Rampage several years ago for half price. (It was new but had been returned by the previous buyer.) It's a great bow. I've never seen any reason to get anything different.
Old 03-02-2007, 07:16 AM

i have a browning micro adrenaline and i like it very much i think browning will possibly be my brand to get in the future i saw that illusion at basspro and man that thing felt sweet i didnt shoot it though ..quick question what is the dw and dl of that bow could you adjust it yourself or no.....oh yeah somethings your goin to need are :stabilizer,sight,arrows,release if you want,loop if you want,sight,and a arrowrest ,and you might wanna look into a string silencer too.