Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Good Deal?

Old 01-18-2007, 08:30 PM
Spike

Default Good Deal?

Because of a shoulder problem Iswitched from a right handed bow to a left handed bow.

Yesterday I called our local shop and it so happened that one of the guys who worked there was selling one of his personal bows that he had used very little and did not need any longer.

After work I went to the shop to check out this bow. It fit me very well and I was surprisedin what great condition it was.

After a shooting few arrows I decided to take the plunge. Ihanded the gentleman $300.00 and walked out withmy new bow (new to me anyway). The bow is a Matthews LX (29" 70lbs).It is rigged outwith trophy ridge matrix sights, trophy ridge drop zone rest, limb savers and STS rear mount shock supressor.

I am very pleased with it and am wondering if you all think it was a good of a deal as I do.

Old 01-19-2007, 04:53 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Good Deal?

ORIGINAL: BrowningFan

Because of a shoulder problem Iswitched from a right handed bow to a left handed bow.

Yesterday I called our local shop and it so happened that one of the guys who worked there was selling one of his personal bows that he had used very little and did not need any longer.

After work I went to the shop to check out this bow. It fit me very well and I was surprisedin what great condition it was.
Alright, a bow shooter that can shoot from both sides of the "plate".
Sorry to here 'bout your shoulder, hope it's nothing too serious. As long as you're pleased with your new toy and it does everything you want, $300 is a great deal IMO. Good luck and good shooting.
Old 01-19-2007, 05:47 AM

Hope the shoulder injury heals up for you. I gotta say I don't think I could swtich up from rt to left like you did, way to go! On the subject of the LX, I don't personally recommend buying any bow used for the simple fact that you don't know how it has been treated simply by looking at it or slinging a couple arrows through it. On the other hand, if you trust the fella at the proshop and the bow fits you well then I think 300 bucks(no pun intended) is a very good deal for that set up.
Old 01-19-2007, 07:12 AM
Spike

Thanks for the feedback folks. The shoulder problem is unfortunately here to stay and will eventually require surgery.

I got back into shooting last year after a 15 year layoff, so you can imagine my despair when I found out about this issue. Problem is a bone spur that is rubbing on my rotator cuff tendons. Certain ranges of motion hurt while others are fine.

It's very wierd that I can pull the string with that arm when shooting left hand with virtually no pain. But if I use that arm to hold the bow against a pull when shooting right handed it hurts bad enough to bring tears to my eyes.

I learned to shoot southpaw several years ago just out of curiosity actually. Glad I did now. lol..

Take Care and thanks again.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:46 PM

Sounds like a good deal to me!