Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Choice of Broadheads........ >

Choice of Broadheads........

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Choice of Broadheads........

Old 01-10-2007, 09:16 PM

Default RE: Choice of Broadheads........

Easy there primitive weapon. I Didn't mean to get your hackles up.I am glad they worked for you. Often times they break apart if you hit the shoulder bones or any other serious bone in larger animals.

If you look at my previous post, I was referring to the 3 blad Rage broadheads, not the two blade. I have handled thousands of the three blade Rage broadheadsandthe assembly is a nightmare. AND they are extremely fragile. There is nothing left for strength in the body when the machining is finished. The two blades area MUCH better design. They should have stayed with it, in my opinion. That is all I am saying and I am sorry I offended you. Flinch
Old 01-11-2007, 05:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not offended, at all. What line of work are you in where you can handle "thousands" of Rage broadheads (or any other type for that matter)?

Old 01-11-2007, 10:30 AM
Fork Horn

Ive used Rocket Steelheads, Muzzys, and Spitfires, and they all work well if you put em where you aim. Spitfires open up a devastating hole and they fly like fieldpoints. Next year I guess Ill have to try Slick Tricks since most people seem to like em
Old 01-11-2007, 04:14 PM

Muzzy 3 blade , I switched to Montec a few years ago but switch back to good ol muzzys cause there 1/2 the price and just as good. Mechanicals are for the birds- like turkeys!
Old 01-13-2007, 02:28 PM

I like montecs. I've used alot of bh's and most perform good and will penetrate good enough. ( I've only had one that was'nt a complete pass through).
All of the bh's I have bought before needed replacable blades or if they didn't they were kinda difficult to resharpen. Montecs are very easy to resharpen with a flat stone. They seem to be very durable, which is something not always taken into consideration. I have used the same 3 bh's on 5 deer over 2 season's and all pass through's. I think too many poeple get caught up in what bh looks whicked or the latest thing. Simple design that works and works again without having to buy new blades. And seem to fly very well.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:52 AM

I am in the machining and engineering business and starting an archery products company. I get to see and try a lot of broadheads on the market first hand. We all use the same few machinists and blade makers in the industry, so we run into each other's products a lot. There is nothing like dipping your hands into a bin of several thousand freshly machined broadheads.Being an avid archer, there is just something sexy about precise machined parts. Flinch
Old 01-20-2007, 03:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

muzzy, muzzy, muzzy, muzzy.
Old 01-20-2007, 05:47 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Slick Trick 125gr Magnum!!
Old 01-20-2007, 08:51 PM
Typical Buck

I have shot dozens of broadheads through the years, allthat I have usedare effective at punching holes thru deer.

I currently use Muzzy 4-blade, 125 grain on the arrows for my compound. 100 grain Rocket SteelHeads on my crossbow shafts. Yet to have either fail.
Old 01-20-2007, 11:04 PM

For years I shot Muzzy 3 blade 100 gr. I just switched this year to G5 Montecs. I really like them. They are unmatched in strength because of there 1 piece construction, they shoot well,andare really easy to clean. Expandables usually have great flight characteristics and good penetration as long as you don't whack that shoulder. After reading the posts on this thread I'm gonna try the Slick Tricks.

Quick Reply: Choice of Broadheads........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.