Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Climbing Treestand

Old 01-04-2007, 03:44 PM

Default RE: Climbing Treestand

lone wolf sit n' climb...there is no dought* that it is the quitest and easiest and simplest on the market today...you will notbe disapointed
Old 01-05-2007, 08:54 AM

ORIGINAL: StealthyOne

ORIGINAL: cjsportsman

I have the 05 L.B. mega transformer, its nice folds flat for backpacking and its quiet. My wife got me the equalizer for Christmas and I haven't used the transformer since. The Equalizer is awesome. I think I will be selling my transformer! She bought the stand and gave it to me early, about a month before Christmas.
Nice deal. Does she have a sister?

Yep, and she is a 23 year old hottie! Ooops! Did I just say that!?
Old 01-08-2007, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like lone wolf, they are light and mine has no bar in the front of it. I hate the bar in fromt of me. But right now i am using a lock on. I am starting to like them more.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:16 AM

Tree stand preference is like, you know whats; everyone has their own opirion and preferences. I just bought my first climber, a summit bullet backpacker, as I want it for bowhunting in National Wildlife refuge and state forrest land, and it just does not make sense to lug in a hang on. I will still use my hang on, and also regularly use wood box stands as well. I think that you want options for what to hunt out of, depending on where and how you plan to hunt.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

yea that is very true becuase if i am going to land i do not own the i use a climber and any other time then a lock on. So you have a really good point.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Red Lion

Tree stand preference is like, you know whats; everyone has their own opirion and preferences. I just bought my first climber, a summit bullet backpacker, as I want it for bowhunting in National Wildlife refuge and state forrest land, and it just does not make sense to lug in a hang on. I will still use my hang on, and also regularly use wood box stands as well. I think that you want options for what to hunt out of, depending on where and how you plan to hunt.
with lock on you can pick anytree,with climber, you need one straight and no limbs as you cant cut limbs off on publicland..

also, with low limbs on tree,you are hidden more and dont have to go as high to hide..

i bought those newladder steps and they are not heavy, to me carry into woods and they go up real easy and then you can lock on your stand..
Old 01-08-2007, 12:34 PM

I cut limbs off of trees on public land, not big limbs or a lot of them, but who will know if someone cuts a few off of a tree that is in the middle of a forrest that is thousands of acres big or along a river that is miles long?
Old 01-08-2007, 08:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Red Lion

I cut limbs off of trees on public land, not big limbs or a lot of them, but who will know if someone cuts a few off of a tree that is in the middle of a forrest that is thousands of acres big or along a river that is miles long?
first,its breaking law in pa.i dont make law..hunters today that hunt area and you come into it are ones that are turning others in..

many were turned in for using the screw in little thing that holds your bow..i could not believe the number of hunters this year carrying CAMERAS ..

if no one sees you, your fine but if they walk by and see you cut limbs off or have a gun holder screwed into tree,some are reporting it..

when the cell phone service gets in here in clinton county this year, i believe the dcnr and pgc will be very busy with calls..did you know the wco are also handling these cases of tree damage?
Old 01-09-2007, 05:56 PM

i got an off brand one from bass pro about five years ago now and only gave 60 bucks for it. i still use it, comfortable, and easy to climb. i wouldnt waste 250 dollars on a overated treestand just because of brand names, instead id buy better arrows or upgrade bow or accesories. maybe save up to go hunt something youve never hunted before.

just my opinion i kno alot of you guys gotta have that summit or lone wolf name tag under your feet to feel better which is great. i bought a hoyt vectrix when i was shooting a browning that served me well, simply because i wanted a top of the line "HOYT" . i dont regret it at all but my old bow works fine.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:28 PM

I have an old API "bowhunter". I like climber stands that use the "stirup" typeplatform & the handle type climbers. Whatever you buy you have to be able to set it up in the cold dark woods & climb easily & quietly-That takes practice.

Quick Reply: Climbing Treestand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.