Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Climbing Treestand

Old 12-29-2006, 12:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Climbing Treestand

ORIGINAL: jemrami9

Summits huh? I was looking at a Loggy Transformer as well, looks nice and doesnt weigh a ton. The Lone Wolf looks nice but it seems to be kinda expensive. That Grand slam looks like a viable option at 20 lbs
I have the Summit 180 and like it. It doesn't have the open front but it doesn't affect my bowhunting. I perfer to sit facing away from the tree when bowhunting and facing the tree when gun hunting.
Old 12-29-2006, 12:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lone Wolf.... Nothing else even comes close!
Old 01-02-2007, 01:27 AM

Summit. U can add on features to it such as a blind & zippered pockets. the weight on it is 21# not 27. very quite & has a trigger to feed out the cable. Go out & try ea one if u know any one that has them.
Old 01-02-2007, 07:24 AM
RMA
Fork Horn

Lone Wolf...light and compact
Old 01-02-2007, 10:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

as we are talking climbing stands,personelly, i dont like them from a safety,noise or movement,postion of tree..

here in pa. you CANT cut a limb off tree, its against law..they arrested hunters this year for that and also for drilling into tree with those hanging hooks to hang your gear on..

hunters are turning in hunters now DO to lack of deer and hunters moving into their territory..

so, you are limited to a straight tree with no limbs..thats not bad in gun season but in archery, not good..

next, we get some years with icy weather..i saw hunters that slid down tree because of ice on bark..oaks are real slippery with rain /ice on them..

with lock on stand and laddder steps, man, you got it covered..i can go up tree in 15 minutes with my ladder steps and lock-on stand..usually takes me 30 minutes because i am fussy on my postion in tree..

i can go right around the limbs and use limbs as cover.. no need to get up 20 ft..12/15 is fine..ladder steps are not heavy, to me anyhow..so, if you like to move, no problem..

after i come down ,if i am not going to be out next day or couple of days, i take the bottom ladder section off,so its not stolen..so far, no problems..

50 years i have been at this from sitting on limb to plywood in trees etc..i have summit climbing stand that i just gave to my cousin for christmas, i did not use it..

my best stands are LADDER standor lock on with LADDER STEPS..dont not use those strap on steps, they are nasty and you will get hurt..if you use them,put rachet straps on them, not ones that come with it..

as you get older,like me, you want comfort/safety and ease of use..climbing stand is not what i want under me..when you are young, hell, i could fall from tree and laugh about it, i did MANY of times..

1 time i thought i could ride a buck thru fields..so, i go in tree,buck, 8 point walked under, i hung from limb and let go.. i landed on buck and grabed his horn and rode him for about 1 step..

man, i did some nutty things when i was 12 years old ..dad had me in woods all time and i have some real funny stories if anyone is interested..
Old 01-02-2007, 01:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: sproulman

1 time i thought i could ride a buck thru fields..so, i go in tree,buck, 8 point walked under, i hung from limb and let go.. i landed on buck and grabed his horn and rode him for about 1 step..
LOL
Old 01-03-2007, 10:17 AM

I have the 05 L.B. mega transformer, its nice folds flat for backpacking and its quiet. My wife got me the equalizer for Christmas and I haven't used the transformer since. The Equalizer is awesome. I think I will be selling my transformer! She bought the stand and gave it to me early, about a month before Christmas.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:42 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: cjsportsman

I have the 05 L.B. mega transformer, its nice folds flat for backpacking and its quiet. My wife got me the equalizer for Christmas and I haven't used the transformer since. The Equalizer is awesome. I think I will be selling my transformer! She bought the stand and gave it to me early, about a month before Christmas.
Nice deal. Does she have a sister?
Old 01-04-2007, 12:48 PM
Typical Buck

Equalizer...and never looked back.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:07 PM

I have a pair of Summit Vipers. The only thing I might would change would be to get a third one!!!
I can sit in these things all day long. Very quiet, very comfortable and I feel secure enuff to nap in them, not advising that you do that of course.
One thing I would recommend, the safety harness that comes with the stand is very solid and serviceable. But, I would highly recommend getting one of the integral safety vests/straps. They are much easier to put on, don't get tangled and I think would work much better in a fall.
Good luck.
Hank

Quick Reply: Climbing Treestand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.