Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 drop zone vs wisker bisquit >

drop zone vs wisker bisquit

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

drop zone vs wisker bisquit

Old 12-17-2006, 12:46 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: drop zone vs wisker bisquit

Congrats on a great lookin' buck dukemichaels.
Old 12-17-2006, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Madjac, the WB helped in the taking of that deer.
Old 12-18-2006, 05:46 PM
c j
Typical Buck

I switched from a fall-awayto a WB last year and wouldn't hunt with anything else.
Old 12-23-2006, 04:40 PM

hello all,
I own a whisker buisket arrow rest and put it on my switchback xt. when I go out to the range with friends to shoot first thing when I get my bow out is they frown when they see the whisker buisket and tell me "you will shoot better, more accurate, straighter, bla bla bla if you get rid of that thing! and get a drop away" well we go out to the range and they shoot there groups and I shoot mine. used to I could nail a robin hood from the 20 yard pin 30 and 40 with my cobra sight (which was lost and subsequently replaced by a TR Matrix (the inline pin sight) now its not been tuned in like the cobra, not as much time shooting it, but they are both good accessories.
My friends have a hard time telling me to switch after we look at groups from the shots LOL!! I just point to the groups and say, "what more do I need??" and then look at theres (which are usually wider than mine and wonder why they think there equipment is more accurate)

P.S. they have good name brand bows and acc. I think they just dont put in the practice to shoot good tight groups. A lot of the guys that come into the pro shop (where I get my bow hunting stuff) think there is some thing wrong with the bow allways when it dont hit right on the dot when they get it out a week before season and shoot it. its a skill that you have to practice to get good at and you have to practice to keep it. its not like rideing a bike, once you loose it you have to re-learn it.
bows are not rifles, rifles are shooting machines that just require the user to point in the right direction and pull the trigger. bows require a lot more preparation before squeezing the release trigger.
Old 12-23-2006, 05:24 PM

I think the guys that bad mouth the WB including myself and don't shoot it think it is to elementery or simple, but the fact is it is proven and been out for a few years.
Old 12-23-2006, 07:44 PM
Typical Buck

Well I will admit that I thought the WB was a bad design. I was out test driving new bows at my local pro shop and all there demos have WB on them. I spent 2 hr one night with 2 bows that had them on and was smacking arrows together at 20 yds. I am still not a big fan of dragging my vans through it but this rest does work well for the intended use. I would not try to use on a target bow but for hunting I think it does have a place. I fact I plan to buy one for my 10 yr old that is starting to shoot. Then I don’t have to worry about the arrow falling off the rest at the range. Though I did kind of like it I will not be replacing my prong style rest for one. Just my .02
Old 12-24-2006, 03:00 AM

Well put SBXTS,
We all can get so technical about so many things in our bow set up (fun, fun, fun) but bottom line may be if it works for you and is accurate then someone cant knock the product your using. Just go for it .
Some like drop aways and some like whisker bisquits. Some like Fords , some like Toyotas . I myself am a Nissan kind of guy
Happy Holidays!!!!!!!
Old 12-24-2006, 05:48 AM
Spike

For those who shoot casually I like the WB, as she is nearly bullet proof when properly tuned. For those who shoot a lot of league one may lean towards a drop-away. The drop away can be a little more difficult to get properly tuned to my standards. Yet when the right, drop away is properly set-up. She will be very forgiving in the shot and no fletching issues will result as a result of interference with your rest.
On the other hand I would shy away from shooting groups when using a good drop awayas the robin hoods and pierced fletching may get expensive.
The Drop Zone is one that I have not tried. As many have commented on the difficulty in keeping this rest quiet. My favorite rest to date is the Zero-Effect sold by Muzzy. The Turkey claw on the ZEis nearly as effective at containing the arrow, as is the WB. The containment is very important when hunting.A little moleskin in the right places and the ZE is as quiet or quieter than the WB IMHO. Sorry to deviate from your original choice yet I just would not feel right if I did not mention the best options.

Personally I would recommend both. A fool proof WB to keep things simple when getting started. And a quality drop away down the road as your proficiency will benefit from an even better arrow rest system. Everything mentioned above is just MHO.
Old 12-24-2006, 10:20 AM

I thought id just add that I have been shooting straight vanes and straight blaxers through the wisker buskit. it there is interfearance from helical (when I get my fletching tools out and doo my arrows) I may change to a drop away style. I allways liked muzzy heads maybe ill give there drop away arrow rest a try.
Old 12-25-2006, 02:48 AM

I shoot right helical , 2 inch bblazers and W.B. Wouldnt change a thing

Quick Reply: drop zone vs wisker bisquit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.