Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 The Silencer Cough Silencer >

The Silencer Cough Silencer

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

The Silencer Cough Silencer

Old 12-03-2006, 12:26 AM
Spike

Default The Silencer Cough Silencer

ANYONE USE THIS OR ARE THEY SOME MORE JUNK THAT IS FOR SALE
Old 12-03-2006, 09:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: The Silencer Cough Silencer

Yea I have oneand I take it with me every time I go hunting.
It works real good , every time I feel a cough coming on I'll put the Cough Silencer in my mouth and it really muffles the sound.
I would recomend this product to every one.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:17 AM
Host of Hosts

I'm going to have to take the other side. I think it probably works to muffle a cough if you have time to get it out, but a pair of gloved hands works too.
Old 12-03-2006, 02:34 PM
Dominant Buck

I bought one a few years ago before I quit smoking , and it definitelyworks as advertised . Anyone downing them has either never used one or didn't use it correctly , I've had friends sitting less than 3 feet from me listen while I used mine and all they heard wasthe soft sigh of the escaping air . My only complaint would be that the mouthpiece could be larger , and the optional hands free kit solves that .
Old 12-03-2006, 08:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm actually surprised by the answers, after seeing so much fun made of them by everyone... I never did because I hadn't personally used the product. Interesting.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

After chasing deer for 3 decades I have begun to ask myself just how much stuff is necessary to carry into the woods. It seems the more stuff I've amassed and the more technical I've made hunting the less fun it has become. We as a hunting community are becoming to gadget oriented and reliant.
Old 12-04-2006, 03:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BGfisher

After chasing deer for 3 decades I have begun to ask myself just how much stuff is necessary to carry into the woods. It seems the more stuff I've amassed and the more technical I've made hunting the less fun it has become. We as a hunting community are becoming to gadget oriented and reliant.
Had that same conversation with my brother last night. We were joking about all the stuff we wouldn't be able to be without. Some of it is pretty rediculous.

I have a cough thing but don't use it much. Never used it once this year. To much of a hassel. Always have bino's, started using a laser range finder and then there's the grunt tube. I didn't and couldn't put another thing around my neck.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Had that same conversation with my brother last night. We were joking about all the stuff we wouldn't be able to be without. Some of it is pretty rediculous.

I have a cough thing but don't use it much. Never used it once this year. To much of a hassel. Always have bino's, started using a laser range finder and then there's the grunt tube. I didn't and couldn't put another thing around my neck.
[/quote]

Exactly, I remember the days when I headed up a mountain with a 25# tresstand, my bow and a fanny pack with knife, drag rope, light and few goodies. Now the treestand is down to 20#, the bow weighs 8#, and the DAYPACK ends up with rattling horns, rattling bag, scents, knife, light, extra batteries, packable rain gear and a host of other junk. And for what? A few hours up in a tree? You gotta be joking. LOL.

How about the guys who think they need a quiver full of 8 arrows to do a morning or evening hunt. I don't shoot 8 shots while hunting in 4 years. Goodness, I've already traveled from Pa to hunt Illiniois for a week and only taken 3 arrows and a pack of extra blades. Never fired a shot.

I'm starting to pare back a little now. This year I started carrying a knife, small flashlight, grunt tube, spare release and some water in the pockets of my suit. Other than the standard treestand, and bow the only other add on is that SOP harness which I'm wearing. Needless to say I'm going to have a whole bunch of stuff to either sell or give away one of these days.
Old 12-04-2006, 05:15 PM
Host of Hosts

Pretty much sums it all up. Too many gadgets nowadays didn't need them 20 years ago and still managed to kill deer every year.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BGfisher
I'm starting to pare back a little now. This year I started carrying a knife, small flashlight, grunt tube, spare release and some water in the pockets of my suit. Other than the standard treestand, and bow the only other add on is that SOP harness which I'm wearing. Needless to say I'm going to have a whole bunch of stuff to either sell or give away one of these days.
We could be like women and their purses. They get a big one to carry everything and then decide they are tired of it and get a small one only to decide they can't carry everything they need and go out and get a bigger one...

Told you a while ago to call me when your going to have a garage sale.

Quick Reply: The Silencer Cough Silencer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.