HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - The Silencer Cough Silencer
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2006, 11:01 AM
BGfisher
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: The Silencer Cough Silencer

Had that same conversation with my brother last night. We were joking about all the stuff we wouldn't be able to be without. Some of it is pretty rediculous.

I have a cough thing but don't use it much. Never used it once this year. To much of a hassel. Always have bino's, started using a laser range finder and then there's the grunt tube. I didn't and couldn't put another thing around my neck.
[/quote]

Exactly, I remember the days when I headed up a mountain with a 25# tresstand, my bow and a fanny pack with knife, drag rope, light and few goodies. Now the treestand is down to 20#, the bow weighs 8#, and the DAYPACK ends up with rattling horns, rattling bag, scents, knife, light, extra batteries, packable rain gear and a host of other junk. And for what? A few hours up in a tree? You gotta be joking. LOL.

How about the guys who think they need a quiver full of 8 arrows to do a morning or evening hunt. I don't shoot 8 shots while hunting in 4 years. Goodness, I've already traveled from Pa to hunt Illiniois for a week and only taken 3 arrows and a pack of extra blades. Never fired a shot.

I'm starting to pare back a little now. This year I started carrying a knife, small flashlight, grunt tube, spare release and some water in the pockets of my suit. Other than the standard treestand, and bow the only other add on is that SOP harness which I'm wearing. Needless to say I'm going to have a whole bunch of stuff to either sell or give away one of these days.