Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Gander mountain xt hunter extreme >

Gander mountain xt hunter extreme

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Gander mountain xt hunter extreme

Old 10-23-2006, 10:19 PM

Default Gander mountain xt hunter extreme

Has anyoneboughtone of these ? Shot one of these ? Have an opinion of them . My buddy bought one ,,,,, it's nice but seems a little overpriced for what it is . Though I could be missing somthing . I guess what I'm looking for is - did Gander Mountain "up sale" a novice shooter or did he get what he paid for . For the record - I'm fairly new to archery shooting as well . Thanks .
Old 10-24-2006, 12:11 AM

Default RE: Gander mountain xt hunter extreme

From what I have seen of these bows, I believe they from the BowTech/Diamond lineage.

Over paid? I don't really know. It really depends on the price of the bow compared to a model comparable in the Diamond line along with the quality, shootability, durability, etc of the Gander Mountain bow vs. the Diamond bow.

Did he shoot both the Gander Mountain bow and a Diamond bow? What did he try out before he decided upon the Gander Mountain bow? Was this the best feeling bow of the bunch?

If he likes how the bow feels, I guess it really doesn’t matter. But then again, if the bow doesn’t have the quality of a Diamond bow but shoots the sameall the while paying more for his Gander Mountainbow, I would say he did exactly what you think: overpaid.
Old 10-24-2006, 10:36 AM

yes these bows are made by Bowtech, i Supervise the printing company that makes the decals for these bows, along with many other high end companies, which is a pretty cool job. I have seen these bows at Gander and they look well built and i know Bowtech is becoming a reputable company. But i have never shot one, but i bet Gander will let you shoot one and you can go from there.
Old 10-28-2006, 07:30 PM
Typical Buck

They are rebadged Diamond/Bowtech bows.. One is a Diamond Rapture.. and the other is a Diamond Triumph. They are priced a bit below the Diamond line... and are also available in a decent starter package. Not a bad deal at all...