Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Wolverine by Gorilla..any opinions? >

Wolverine by Gorilla..any opinions?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Wolverine by Gorilla..any opinions?

Old 10-17-2006, 11:23 AM
Typical Buck

Default Wolverine by Gorilla..any opinions?

I decidedIwanted a new tree stand. After some very thorough research,I boughtthe Wolverine made by Gorilla Tree Standsat Wal Mart the other day. It is the exactly the same as the Grey Back Magnum, with the exception of color (Grey Back is grey, Wolverine is OD Green). The Grey Back Modelis pricedbetween $200-$250 in most stores and the Wolverine is priced at $90 only availableat Wal-Mart. The decision to get the Wolverine was a no-brainer. Does anyone else have the Wolverine or any info/opinons that would be useful. I have "silenced" it according to the owners manualand climbed it a few times in the backyard at my normal hunting height withno noise whatsoever.Seems like it's good to go.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:52 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Wolverine by Gorilla..any opinions?

how do you like the stand? does it grip the tree well. im thinking of getting one for my wife to use. the loggy with the climbing aid is really loud so i want to get her a sit and climb style that is quiet. i dont use the climbing aid so the loggy is quiet for me but id really appreciate your opinions on the stand before i get it for her.
Old 10-17-2006, 01:15 PM

I just tried one for the first time last Sunday and I thought it was pretty good for the money, only thing was that the chain was a pain to hook up for me when hanging, otherwise for the money can't beat it. (oh by the way, our Walmart has the Wolverine on clearance right now for $37.88!!!!)
Old 10-17-2006, 01:49 PM
Typical Buck

When I tested it on the oaks in my back yard it gripped excellent and wasvery quiet. The whole thing abouteliminating noise while climbing, as you probabaly know,is going slow and taking your time (I know, easier said than done when the sun is rising). Not only a sit and climb, you can alsoface the tree standing up and climb as well without being seated.I didn't have a chain that connects to the tree, I believe it isa formof heavy dutyplastic/teflon hybrid cord (no noise if you're careful when attaching). It was easy to attach to the treefor me.$37.88!?....... I might make another trip to Wal-Mart and buy another. 1 is none..... 2 is 1 right? Heck, the harness included with it is worth $60-$70 dollars alone. That's another thing I like about it, all the metal pieces on the harness are coated with a plastic/velvet coating. No noise attaching or climbing withthe harness whatsoever. I will use the harness on other tree stands and give the one I usedpreviouslyto someone who needs it. I'll let you know how it hunts after this weekend. I'm pretty sure about my gut feeling on this and that is this one is a winner on all aspects of a climber with as I have just read is a steal for the price!
Old 10-17-2006, 04:07 PM

csr44, where are you located. i would buy 2 at that price. these stands are a copy of the ol man treestand that is no longer in business. they were great stands. i'll have to check my walmart for them.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:24 PM

The walmart by me has them at $50. I bought one and wish I bought more. I purchased some ratchet straps to make it a little more secure. I have had a lot of other stands that cost two and three times more that were not any better. Its the best 50 dollars I have ever spent. Its comfy, quiet, and has a good sized platform.
Old 10-18-2006, 05:34 AM
Typical Buck

Is it the climber that was on sale for $37.88 or the lock on? You mentioning the chain to hang it makes me think that it's a lock on...just like the one I have. Still, for $37.88 it's a great price and they seem to be pretty good stands to me.
Old 10-18-2006, 06:46 AM

I mis-read guys, sorry, mine is the Wolverine Hang-on stand. But even for a Hang-On stand, $37.88 is still worth throwing a few in the garage.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:25 AM

justrace, is the climber the one on sale for 50.00 at your walmart? i checked my walmart this morning and they are still regular price of 90.00 but that is still a good price. it looks like a really nice stand except for the weight but my summit weighs 20lbs. so it's only a couple of lbs. heavier than it is. i think i might go ahead and take the plunge. what's one more piece of hunting equipment anyway. you can never have too much, can you?
Old 10-18-2006, 10:58 AM
Typical Buck

I went to my Wal-Mart todayand the lock-on is the one priced for $37.88 (employee said they haven't sold as many as they thought they were going to), the climber was still at $90.00. Hopefully that price will drop after bow season and I can pick another one up for cheaper as they seem to be overstocked as of now.

Quick Reply: Wolverine by Gorilla..any opinions?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.