Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 almost went with fixed heads >

almost went with fixed heads

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

almost went with fixed heads

Old 09-28-2006, 10:12 PM
Fork Horn

Default almost went with fixed heads

today i got to shoot my free sonic head at 40-50 yrds and it was dead on with my field tips. i thought "wow i should give fixed heads a try again" although id look more toward slick tricks then the sonic. then the wind started blowing just a little. nothing to worry about field tips shot dead on and so did my steelheads (as always) then the sonic ......1ft low and 6" left. maybe i dropped my arm. shot 5 rounds like this in steady breeze. this wasnt even enough to call wind and the results were the same. although the sonic didnt end up in the same area every time.

one more reason ill keep a good mechanical on the end of my arrow, i never took it into account before but those blades catch wind no matter how accurate they are when conditions are perfect.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:19 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: almost went with fixed heads

before the loss of the last few days there where plenty of replies to this. but dont bother now. i just stated what i found, the arrows were always left but sometimes up sometimes down my others were dead on. if you like your fixed heads, good, and i hope nothing bad ever happens to your arrow flight on a deer. just wanted to throw it out there because even though its pretty simple i didnt think of it and wondered if others didnt either.