Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 A/C/C's vs A/C super slims >

A/C/C's vs A/C super slims

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

A/C/C's vs A/C super slims

Old 09-21-2006, 09:46 PM

Default A/C/C's vs A/C super slims

I went to the easton site and tried to figure out the difference between A/C/C's and A/C super slims. People really rave about the A/C/C's and I am leaning towards a dozen of those, but are the super slims any good?

What is the difference in the two and why is one better than the other? What makes one worse?

Aren't they constructed the same?

Is it just that one is thinner than the other?
Old 09-22-2006, 09:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: A/C/C's vs A/C super slims

Without even going to their site and reviewing the info on the two, you're basically right: The superslims are thinner in diameter, with thicker walls I believe, and therefore concentrate more "energy" into a smaller point of entry. Same mass but smaller profile translates into better penetration... at least that's what Easton would want you to believe.
Old 09-22-2006, 10:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

As I stated in our PMs Michael, the only flaw I'm hearing about the AC Slims is the weakness in the HIT and splitting the tip end of the arrow. Other than that both are exceptional arrows but I really prefer the tried and true ACC.
Old 09-22-2006, 10:42 AM

The Super Slims are heavier per inch of shaft than the A/C/C's and have a smaller diameter, in theory they should penetrate better than the A/C/C. They discontinued the A/C Kinetic, which I used to shoot so I tried a dozen of the Super Slims to find that my finished arrow was within 5 grains of what the Kinetics are. I'm very happy with them so far. Maybe I should go back and shoot another reindeer with one of my old A/C/C's to see if it goes completely through, 15' beyond the animal and buries half the shaft length in the tundra after a 40 yd. quartering away shot that cut a rib in two on entry like the Super Slim did, just for purely scientific curiousity of course...
Old 09-22-2006, 11:00 AM

Thanks everybody. I am going with the A/C/C's. But I am going to wait to fletch them until I shoot the Carbon Express's that I had refletched right helical with Blazers. That way If they don't work out, I can get the A/C/C's fletched offset. Then I can send the carbon expresses back and do them again offset.

I feel like a dog chasing his tail, sometimes...LOL
Old 09-23-2006, 03:55 AM
Super Moderator

As said above the ACC's are very slightly larger in diameter, and is lighter in relation to same spine. The A/C Superslims are nearly the same in weight as an Axis or Beman Black Max. Personally I have found no problems with the HIT system or splitting at the tip end. I have shot 3D and am hunting with the Superslims this season. I'll be buying another dozen next spring.

After what I have put my A/C Superslims through this year, I honestly can say I see no reason to shoot an all carbon arrow.
Old 09-23-2006, 09:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

You can't go wrong with either choice. Both are excellent arrows. Best on the market IMO.
Old 09-24-2006, 07:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think either are good shaft's ,but my preference are the Slim's because I really like the slim tech nology ,i use the Easton Axis's and swear by them .Either way you go there gonna be pricey.

nubo

Old 09-24-2006, 09:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

That's good to hear, Coug... I'm about spent out as far as money goes on archery stuff this year, but next year I may buy a dozen of the Superslims myself. Either those, or the Black Max Elites, which appear to have better tolerances for some reason.

I'll just keep shooting my ACCs until then.
Old 09-26-2006, 06:42 AM
Super Moderator

I'll just keep shooting my ACCs until then.
I would to Greg since you already have them. By the way, I am going to purchase some ACC's next year to shoot 3D with to save my A/C Superslims for hunting.

Quick Reply: A/C/C's vs A/C super slims

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.