HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   Wisker bisquit or drop away? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/156561-wisker-bisquit-drop-away.html)

TurkeyStalker 09-16-2006 01:27 PM

Wisker bisquit or drop away?

Which do you shoot with and why? I have a wisker bisquit and I am thinking of going to a drop away. I have the old style WB and everytime I place a broadhead in it some of the wiskers get cut off. I am also having trouble keeping blazers on my arrows, which I think is due to the WB.

royak 09-16-2006 02:14 PM

RE: Wisker bisquit or drop away?

Muzzy Zero effects mainly because all they say about it is true. I love it

Pat Curtis 09-17-2006 08:33 AM

I had a WB when I hunted from the ground a lot. I since switched solely to treestands and use a Trophy Ridge Drop Zone...absolutely LOVE it. It is a little more expensive than the Muzzy..so it $ is factored in, go with what works for your budget.

mbhutton 09-17-2006 09:20 AM

I use a qad, love it

SPIKEHORN11 09-17-2006 03:59 PM

ORIGINAL: mbhutton

I use a qad, love it
Me to. Full containment in a drop way. Best of both worlds. I'm like many people who switched fro the WB to QAD.

Scott/IL 09-17-2006 04:04 PM

I just put a Trophy Ridge DropZone on my Switchback and it was the best purchase I have made for it. The Biskit was tearing my fletching and slowing the arrow. I have also picked up some accuracy with the DropZone too.

pastorkhris 09-17-2006 10:15 PM

I currently use a WB but I am actively shopping for a drop away - I am torn between the QAD and the Muzzy Zero-Effect.

MASTERDIVER 09-17-2006 11:11 PM

I use both. My Parker has the Biscuit and my BT has a QAD Ultra. I like the QAD because I don't loose speed due to my short draw. It is really personal preferrance. Both secire your arroe very well.

VP 09-18-2006 05:29 AM

QAD Ultra Rest here as well, I put it on about5 months ago and love it. As others have mentioned you have the best of both worlds in Arrow containment and Velocity drop away. It's definetely a great rest!;)

r33h 09-18-2006 07:25 AM

In the past, I used a WB, but I didn't like the fact that I was going through vanes like there was no tomorrow! It seemd that I was having to re-fletch arrows more than I was shooting them (exageration). I then switched to a drop away for that very reason, and I don't think I would go back to a WB. I have the NAP 2000 RG and I really like it. Mine came with an instructional dvd to show you how to set it up...it doesn't get any easier than that!