Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Pass the salt... MAJOR kudos to the Muzzy Zero Effect rest! >

Pass the salt... MAJOR kudos to the Muzzy Zero Effect rest!

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Pass the salt... MAJOR kudos to the Muzzy Zero Effect rest!

Old 10-12-2006, 04:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Pass the salt... MAJOR kudos to the Muzzy Zero Effect rest!

Right now I am shooting a Trophy Taker Pronghorn, and I can't stand it slapping my riser. Anyone know a way to fix this?
Go buy a Simms insulator strip, cut it to size and stick it on your bows shelf under the TT's launcher arm. Works great and is cheap....
Old 12-28-2006, 09:27 PM

Just got an MZE today for my 06 Allegiance. What is the final verdict on the cable crossing above or below the cable guard? Right now, mine is below, but like mentioned above, the cables are lightly touching. Has anyone had any problems with excessive cable wear when configured like this? What about those who are crossing above the cable guard, any problems? Thanks for any input,

Steve
Old 12-29-2006, 06:12 PM
Typical Buck

I just checked out ebay and they have a mze rest for $46.00 brand new from a bow hunters store. Does this sound right? On muzzy's site the go for over $70
Old 12-30-2006, 12:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

sj, I kept my cables crossed as they were before I installed the MZE...

Ranger, that sounds like a great deal... Just ensure it's the Next Generation rest if you need that option, and be wary of excessive shipping costs...
Old 01-02-2007, 03:20 PM

Any body working on a way to get the MZE camo'ed?? Im thinkin if i can get a hold of some good camo fabric (real tree, mossy oak, or maybe some thing else) and wrap it around the arms with out screwing up the darned thing would be perfect. any other ideas on how to get it camo'ed till muzzy figures out it needs camo and starts putting some on it??
Old 01-05-2007, 11:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

There was a thread about black in the main bowhunting forum where some people (including myself) were concerned with larger items that may stick out in the woods (my concern was how obvious a nylon strap's black horizontal stripe is on a light colored tree; I can spot those from hundreds of yards away and always break them up with gray primer paint on my personal stands.)

Having said that, I'm not worried in the least about accessories being black. They're too small to worry about, and often are no larger than many black shadows you'll see in the treetops normally.
Old 01-06-2007, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll certainly support the factthat Muzzy is among the best you can find out there.
Having said that, I am always nervous when the cables rub against each other.
The muzzy rest works in combination with their cable slide supplied and unfortunately other choices of cable slides here, is restricted.

I prefer the choice of experimenting with various cable slides, for good vane clearance, as well as for theprevention of cable rub, and also paying attention not toover tension the cables so as to affect cam lean or limb twist.
This being the case, I have found a 'personal'great combinationusing the Trophy Ridge (Guide Series) Drop Zone along with the Winners Choice weather tamer cable slide on my Binary Cam BowTech bows. I also did away with the arrow holder provided with the drop zone, and useda arrow holder that was originally marketed by Pine Ridge and now sold as a NAP product. This arrow holder is identical to the one shown on Greg's Tribute.

Before this, I tried the NAP Quick Tune Smartrest. I was really disappointedwith this rest. The'thump' you hear after the shot was annoying. Even though using the sims navcom rubber silencers did help to an extent, this was not a rest I wanted on my bow.
Silence is a sign of refinement! I was looking for silence!
I am still baffled how a recognized company like NAP would overlook something like this.
Obviously it a situation of what works well for you.
Old 01-07-2007, 04:39 PM

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

There was a thread about black in the main bowhunting forum where some people (including myself) were concerned with larger items that may stick out in the woods (my concern was how obvious a nylon strap's black horizontal stripe is on a light colored tree; I can spot those from hundreds of yards away and always break them up with gray primer paint on my personal stands.)

Having said that, I'm not worried in the least about accessories being black. They're too small to worry about, and often are no larger than many black shadows you'll see in the treetops normally.
that is true. but what about stalking? I turkey hunt also, they can see 10x better than deer can. Id just feel better about it for all around hunting if it had a good camo patern on it. just the way I am I guess.
Old 01-07-2007, 04:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Greg how much does that thing weight? It looks like it could be fairly heavy if it were all metal.
Old 01-07-2007, 07:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

dwd, it's extremely light.

The threaded turnbuckle and connecting linkage are plastic, as well as the pickup hook. The only thing that's metal is the square mounting plate, and the smaller striking plate which the adjustment screw comes up to make contact with.

Having said that it's mostly plastic, I've still found this rest to be extremely rugged and dependable, and have pulled it up through several tangles numerous times this year. I've walked through head-high CRP fields with briars that pulled at me and broke my Fitz fibers several times, and the rest itself was no worse for the wear.

Quick Reply: Pass the salt... MAJOR kudos to the Muzzy Zero Effect rest!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.