Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Pass the salt... MAJOR kudos to the Muzzy Zero Effect rest! >

Pass the salt... MAJOR kudos to the Muzzy Zero Effect rest!

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Pass the salt... MAJOR kudos to the Muzzy Zero Effect rest!

Old 09-18-2006, 07:47 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Pass the salt... MAJOR kudos to the Muzzy Zero Effect rest!

Thanks Greg, that is really helpful - this final bit of info did it for me - my next rest is a Muzzy!
Old 09-22-2006, 11:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just a heads up to anyone looking to buy a MZE. www.lancasterarchery.com currently has them on sale for $49.99.
Old 09-24-2006, 10:49 AM

Greg excellent post. I have a real quick question. How close are the cables to touching each other where they cross? I had a MZE G2 installed on my allegiance and the cables touched. I was just wondering if yours touched. I couldn't really tell from the pic. Thanks
Old 09-24-2006, 08:20 PM
Typical Buck

They are great rests,I have had mine for a few years now.I have in the past read reviews on rests on this site ,and felt that if any of the diehard drop away rest owners here ever tried a MZE, they would probably never want another.Great post Greg.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

ash... yes, my cables touch as well -- although barely. I'm hoping it's not enough to cause a problem, especially if I keep them waxed regularly
Old 09-26-2006, 07:53 AM

I am now using the same rest. I find it to be a great advantage and design. I have witnessed some shortcomings though.

1. It would be nice to have a Micro adjust for windage

2. The round bar which connects the rest arm to the bracket can twist/slide out of place if not careful. I tightened mine down and will drop a bit of glue on it when I am 100% in my setting but this part of the design is its biggest shortcoming in my opinon. A squared bar with micro adjust capability would be ideal.

3. The screw which connects the bracket to the riser can easily be overtightened ths hindering the motion of the rest. A bearing here would be ideal. Mine needed to be backed off a bit from the install in order for the rest to drop away quick enough. As such I now have to monitor that bolt so that the shock of firng the bow doesn't loosen it any more. (We will see how this works out long term. I could put some lock tight on it if needed).
Old 09-26-2006, 05:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ash2042

Greg excellent post. I have a real quick question. How close are the cables to touching each other where they cross? I had a MZE G2 installed on my allegiance and the cables touched. I was just wondering if yours touched. I couldn't really tell from the pic. Thanks
According to the installation instructions the cable slide should be installed so that the cables cross above the cable slide rather than below on BowTech, Diamond, Parker and AR bows. With the cables crossing above there is about 1/8th inch cap between the strings.
Old 09-26-2006, 06:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hmmm... I'll check that out later when I get time, Jeramy. I set mine up exactly like Mark did in his DVD, and I don't recall him doing that. I'll admit, I never even looked at the written instructions; the DVD was more than adequate.

Thanks for pointing that out, though -- I'll definitely look into it.
Old 09-26-2006, 07:05 PM

Mine is crossed above by Bowtech dealer. I seem to remember the instrcutions said cross above also.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

The only reason I know this is because I just got MZE in the mail today and installed it on my Allegiance. I couldn't get the DVD to play on my PC so I just went with the written instructions. Section D (back of instruction sheet) is where you'll find the info on setting up the cable slide on a BowTech.

I sent an email to Pat just to make sure it's OK to have those cables crossed above the cable guard. I don't notice any difference shooting the bow with the strings crossed above. But I want to make sure I'm not risking damage to the bow or myself by leaving it this way.

Quick Reply: Pass the salt... MAJOR kudos to the Muzzy Zero Effect rest!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.