Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Pass the salt... MAJOR kudos to the Muzzy Zero Effect rest! >

Pass the salt... MAJOR kudos to the Muzzy Zero Effect rest!

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Pass the salt... MAJOR kudos to the Muzzy Zero Effect rest!

Old 01-14-2008, 08:22 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Pass the salt... MAJOR kudos to the Muzzy Zero Effect rest!

Thanks for the response.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Is there a guard or bar to prevent the arrow from falling off the rest?
Old 01-15-2008, 11:25 AM

I have had a MZE on a bow about1 1/2 yearsago. I have a appreciation for a company that can come up with something out of the blue and yet it looks akward. I.E MZE, Bowtech guardian. I could keep going but I will not. I fell in love with the MZE. UNTIL I started have problems with it the arm started slipping in it I could get it retuned for about 6 shots then after that it was off again marked everything and found the arm to be moving. I took it back got another one then. After a will started have probelms with that one as well I got it set up tuned and everything then marked it all with fingernail polish a few months it started to begin to move returned it then tightened everything. I through that POS in the street and was glad to see my wife coming home and ran over it. I dont know if they improved on it since then but I know. It will take alot for me to get away from the trophy ridge Dropzone guide series. Please dont take this a as a personal bash on you arrow rest. Buy the way the Guardian is the best bow in the world. And bowtech makes the best bows.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

What keeps the arrow from falling off the rest?
Old 01-15-2008, 09:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry, Geronimo... I've been hunting hard; it's kinda what I do, believe it or not -- though you'd never know it as much time as I spend writing and on these forums.

What keeps the arrow from falling off is that big "hook" or pickup arm. It cradles the arrow from underneath, and basically captures the bottom 180 degrees of the arrow. You have to turn your bow MORE than sideways for the arrow to fall off that hook -- basically, the only way it won't maintain "capture" is if you want to shoot upside-down. Muzzy also provides a very nice, soft rubber arrow holder with self-adhesive tape that can be applied to your shelf which will firmly hold the arrow in place until it's lifted out by the act of the arm lifting up as you draw your bow.
Old 01-16-2008, 02:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Greg, is there any noise when the arm lifts the arrow off the holder?
Old 01-16-2008, 07:26 PM
Typical Buck

There is no noise at all on my bow.I'm glad to see this thread alive still because this rest is the best I have ever used, and I have had mine for a few years now, and installed several on good friends bows and they love this rest.
ORIGINAL: Geronimo

Thanks Greg, is there any noise when the arm lifts the arrow off the holder?
Old 01-16-2008, 07:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Geronimo,

I heard a friend use this phrase once, and I think it a most appropriate answer to your question: Quieter than a church mouse peeing on a cotton ball! [8D]

It really is. There's just NO noise with this rest.

Again, the two best points -- in my mind -- that it has going for it, are:

Number one, by far --NO part of this rest comes back and slaps the shelf at the firing of the bow. There is absolutely no need to put any kind of moleskin or other sound-dampening device on your shelf to keep the launcher arm from banging into it. That's why this rest continually takes top honors when it comes to independent test reviews.

Number two is the almost-full containment. Though Muzzy provides the nicest arrow holder I've yet seen from any manufacturer to be applied to your bow's shelf, there's really no need. Unless you're trying to shoot your bow upside-down, there is simply no way the arm -- what looks like that big "hook" -- will not pick up the arrow and allow it to fall perfectly into shooting position.

The only downfall at present time is the fact that it won't fit every new bow out there right now... and that's something the inventor of the rest and I are talking about moving forward -- at least on Bowtech's bows.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Do you know if it will fit the 2007 Diamond Black Ice? And not to wear you out on this topic but how do you compare it to the WB which is what I use now.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

I put a Zero Effect on my '07 Black Ice, and it shot wonderfully. The only thing was that I crossed the cables below the slide instead of above it, but it worked like a charm. I actually sold it along with the bow as a package deal when I sold off my '07 bows, and the guy who bought it is tickled pink with it.

I'd hate to try to draw comparisons between this and the Whisker Biscuit; they're just too entirely different animals. The Whisker has its legions of fans just like the ZE does. I would say that I've seen morethan a few pics on the 'net of rippled vanes with WB users, but there are those that will say they just weren't set up correctly.

Quick Reply: Pass the salt... MAJOR kudos to the Muzzy Zero Effect rest!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.