Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Check out this STS

Old 08-15-2006, 12:49 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Check out this STS

Next time we shoot, your taking your cable gaurd off and shooting an arrow. Then I get to watch and call you a big dumb a$$.

Oh....did you find that special release at Scaffers that helps you get rid of your trigger slap. You should order one if not, you got to get rid of that bad habbit.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:04 PM

read it again tim, i said cable slide not cable guard...
and your should be you're.
thanks.
Old 08-15-2006, 03:21 PM
Fork Horn

no cable slide??? doesn't it wear-out your bus cables?? it does look sweet, but i would like a cable slide!
God....do you realize how stupid you sounded there. "looks sweet, but I would like a cable slide!"You'll catch on Walt....Just give it a while...You'll get this bow hunting stuff sooner or later. But for now just get that trigger slap figured out....Ok.
Old 08-15-2006, 04:37 PM

i know that your dad has done everything for you your whole life and you haven't really ever needed to pay close attention to your set-up, but there was a time when there was no such thing as cable slides, just cable guards. long story short, yes it is posible to not have a cable slide.
thanks
no. not really
you must be as bad a reader as you are a writer?
thanks
Old 08-16-2006, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

It seems like that would also tip you off to changes in tiller as well. If your string no longer touches the STS or develops a "bend" your bow has become out of tune. Yet another benefit of the STS!

I gotta get one of these things.
Old 08-18-2006, 07:36 PM
Fork Horn

Walt, your bus cable doesn't touch the STS at all. Only your string touches the STS. The bushing on the after part of your bow below the grip is for a STS. Meanv2 also make them in most camo patterns. They look very sharp and the feedback on them is that they are better made then the current STS.
Can't we all just get along
Old 08-18-2006, 08:16 PM

Here is a picture of two bows with the sts sytem installed. The sts goes in the port below the handle. Has nothing to do with the bus cable. Two fine looking bows if I might add
Old 08-19-2006, 03:23 PM

[quote][/Walt, your bus cable doesn't touch the STS at all. Only your string touches the STS. The bushing on the after part of your bow below the grip is for a STS. Meanv2 also make them in most camo patterns. They look very sharp and the feedback on them is that they are better made then the current STS.
quote]

I agree the camo ones look awesome
Old 08-19-2006, 10:16 PM
t3

this is probablya dumb question but what is the purpose of an sts?
Old 08-21-2006, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Eliminates alot of string noise and vibration. Some people say that you can remove your string silencers / cat whiskers and pick up speed.

Quick Reply: Check out this STS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.