Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Check out this STS

Old 08-11-2006, 06:39 PM

Default Check out this STS

There is a guy on ebay selling these he custom cuts the rod to your bow. Looks interesting and a lot more compact than the regular sts

Old 08-11-2006, 08:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Check out this STS

looks good

Old 08-13-2006, 06:03 PM

Meanv, on archerytalk makes these and sells them over there.
Old 08-14-2006, 05:13 PM

no cable slide??? doesn't it wear-out your bus cables?? it does look sweet, but i would like a cable slide!
Old 08-14-2006, 09:12 PM
Fork Horn

The cable slide is up farther, not in the picture walt. You'll catch on some day. You'll get it don't worry.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:49 PM

once again, if you're not going to say anything intelligent don't say anything at all.
thanks.
Old 08-15-2006, 07:27 AM
Fork Horn

Just trying to tell you where the cable slide is on a new bow. It's usuallyabove the wood handle.If you look at where the cables cross at the topof thepicture, thats where the cable slide is....ok buddie.

It was nice of you to be concerned for the guy though. You'll catch on walta couple more years of experiencewill do it.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:45 AM

well tschammel, i already thought of that... remember, i'm the critical thinker of the two of us!
now, i have never seen a manufacture make two seperate ports for a cable slide. yes, you are correct that some of the manufactures have gone to above the grip, but many still use the below the grip placement for the cable slide. if a manufacture does indeed place the slide above the grip they do not still put a port below.
nice try, but please refer to my former post.
thanks.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:52 AM
Fork Horn

no cable slide??? doesn't it wear-out your bus cables?? it does look sweet, but i would like a cable slide!
now, i have never seen a manufacture make two seperate ports for a cable slide. yes, you are correct that some of the manufactures have gone to above the grip, but many still use the below the grip placement for the cable slide. if a manufacture does indeed place the slide above the grip they do not still put a port below.
Im sorry but your wrong walt. That extra port is not there for a cable slide, it's there specificaly for a sts. Like I informed you already the cable slide goes up where the cables come close together (NOT IN THE PICTURE). Plus I think we all know if you shot your bow without a cableslide on your cables, it would almost be imposible. Your cables would be where your arrow would be, It just wouldn't work. Most bows are starting to give this option now walt. You'll catch on, you just wait, give it time.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:57 AM

that's funny, because i just left schaffers and every bow that had the cable guard above the grip didn't have this port you speak of... maybe you are thinking of the port used for the stabalizer... tim, that port is on the other side.
look, i know that your dad has done everything for you your whole life and you haven't really ever needed to pay close attention to your set-up, but there was a time when there was no such thing as cable slides, just cable guards. long story short, yes it is posible to not have a cable slide.
thanks

Quick Reply: Check out this STS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.