Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Front Shoulder Fatigue

Old 08-04-2006, 01:13 PM

Default Front Shoulder Fatigue

Ok I've had 3 seperated shoulders. 1 Left and 2 right. My front/brace shoulder fatigues seemingly to easy and is the cause for my over grip on the bow which is causing me to torque on the shot. I lift every day, medium weight, high rep to help condition my shoulders along with my upper and lower back for form. Does anyone else suffer from the same type of shoulder fatigue regardless of previous injury. I have a short draw so my bow is maxed out at 70#. I have no problems with draw and it breaks over pretty easy.
Old 08-04-2006, 02:40 PM

Default RE: Front Shoulder Fatigue

to start off after having your shoulder seperated 3 times what are you doin shooting a 70 lb bow anyways????????
What i would do is just give yourself about a 2-3 wk break and then only shoot a few shots a day
Old 08-04-2006, 03:00 PM

Ite,
My injuries are old and healed but have more than likely weakend the Long Header Biscep tenden areas around the joint and muscle area. Mainly I was asking if anyone else suffers from front/bow shoulder fatigue and how to remedy this. Like I said I do lift weights to help strengthen the area but is there a particular excercise that anyone does to strengthen the from/bow shoulder? Thanks for your advice.
Old 08-04-2006, 06:06 PM

I hurt my shoulder shooting bow a few years ago . It was my left shoulder and I shoot right handed. I notice now I have no problem pulling 70 lbs but when I relax for the shot it puts a lot of strain on my shoulder joint. Just the bow pushing back against my arm caused a lot of pain. I just lowered my draw weight to around 60 and It's not as bad. 60 is plenty to kill a deer, my uncle kills more deer than most people I know and he only shoots 50.
Old 08-06-2006, 04:29 PM

I have had a left shoulder reconstructed due to three dislocations (football). I shoot right handed, My bow is set at 67# and I use to experance shoulder fatigue as well. I was shooting at a 3-D target range one day and this older fella, late 50's-early 60's, come up to me and tells me he could make my left shoulder stop hurting when I shoot. Now since I hadn't complained about my shoulder, I asked him how he knew my shoulder was even hurting to start with. I can't remember his reply, I don't I think it's what he said, but instead how he said it that got my attention. So I ask him to please tell me what I could do. He told me he had been whatching me shoot for a while and noticed that I would raise my left shoulder during my draw. He explained that by doing that, I was depending on the muscles in my shoulder for all the support needed to hold my bow. "DROP THE SHOULDER", he told me! The old wise man said that by dropping my left shoulder I would keep the ball of my shoulder in tact with the joint. Picture two boards butted together, then two boards put togther but instead of butting them up end to end, lie one just on top of the other. Now imagine pushing on the opposite end of the boards and see which moves and which won't.

So if you haven't tried this, then my advise is to drop your shoulder. If you are raising you shoulder like I use to, and I'm guessing you are, the you'll be amazed at the difference this slight adjustment to form will make. Remember, you want bone on bone. If you feel that fatigue at full draw, drop you shoulder down....instant relief! I hope that maybe this helps! Good Luck!