Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

switchback xt

Old 07-31-2006, 06:48 PM
Spike

Default switchback xt

thinking about buying a new switchbackXT. right now i shoot a Q2XL...but that thing is huge.i have a 30" draw and like the stability of a longer bow.i know everybody likes their make of bows, i would just like to hear what other people think of this bow. thanks
Old 07-31-2006, 07:35 PM

Default RE: switchback xt

I just got an XT not too long ago. I love it, smooth draw and very quiet. Can't say anything bad about it.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

Personally within the Mathews line the Switchback is a better bow than the Switchback XT and from I understand in several local shops, Mathews owners are saying the same thing.

I incorporated the Switchback when I shot several makes of bows trying to decide on a new bow. I wanted the Switchback to impress me so much that I was going to purchase one. After shooting all the bows, the Switchback did impress me but not to the point of purchase. I did however go with another maunfacturer.

The Switchback is very smooth to draw, it's quiet and handshock free. The smooth draw however is the reason for it's lack of speed compared to many other of the bows I shot. It's plenty fast but just doesn't compare to some others. The Switchback XT was actually slower yet and I'm not a big fan of short, short bows...the Switchback was about as short as I wanted to go and with the XT not being better, I dismissed it from the line.

Moral of my story....unless your manufacturer biased, you might want to shoot several manufacturers if your dead set on a new bow. The Switchback is surely a great bow, it's not for everyone. My friend as well went through the process of a new bow and being he was a Q2 man, he ended up not buying the Switchback either and went with a different manufacturer than I did...just shows, everyone is different.

IF you want more of an explanation, this was my link process: http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1421735
Old 07-31-2006, 07:39 PM

rob is exactly right shoot many different bows even if your dead set on the XT
My search though did end up with the XT
Old 08-01-2006, 11:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Shoot 'em all... You'll find one that really stands out and fits you the best. I just bought the XT about 3 weeks ago and replaced my Hoyt. I love it. Very comfortable, fast, quiet, and forgiving.
Love it.

Old 08-01-2006, 01:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

The Switchback is very smooth to draw, it's quiet and handshock free. The smooth draw however is the reason for it's lack of speed compared to many other of the bows I shot. It's plenty fast but just doesn't compare to some others. The Switchback XT was actually slower yet and I'm not a big fan of short, short bows...the Switchback was about as short as I wanted to go and with the XT not being better, I dismissed it from the line.
Rob hit the nail on the head. The XT is very impressive. Very smooth to draw, no hand shock, quiet, not to mention a beautiful bow. My buddy got one, we both shoot 60# bowsbut I shoot another brand with a harder single cam. He seemed to be having some trouble dialing in at longer ranges, so we did a quick walk back test. Hestood 10 yards from the 50yard targetput his 10 yard pin on a spot and let one fly. Walked back to 20 yards from thetarget, put the same 10 yardpin on the same spot and let it fly. Walked backto 30 yards from thetarget, same pin on the same spot at the 50, and let it fly. Well, I kind of expected to see a flat shooting bow, but there was a substantialdrop between his 20 and 30 yard shots. My bow only had a few inches drop between the 10 and 30 yard shots, and didn't start droppingsubstantially until I took one at 40. We never did chrono either bow, so I don't know what our speeds are, but he needs to be a whole lot moreaccurate at range estimation than I do to still hit the boiler room clean...
Old 08-03-2006, 07:12 PM

Ive heard the same thing about the Switchback and the Outback. Smooth ,quiet,and slow.Thats why Bowtech blows em away!! They are fast,quiet, and smooth.
Old 08-03-2006, 11:19 PM

I would have to agree that you need to shoot every bow that may appeal to you. Purchasing a bow is a pretty big investment, not to mention you don't want to second guess your decision down the road. I shot several different bows and decided on the Switchback. After shooting the rest, I settled for the BEST!!!
Old 08-04-2006, 06:00 AM

i like my sb a lot.
Old 08-04-2006, 09:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will agree with most everything else said. I still have an outback cuz I don't see that much difference with the Switchback.. They are quiet and smooth, they are fast enough and certainly not the slowest.. Bowtech is Fast and pretty smooth, and they are quiet enough but not as quiet as a mathews. I like the feel of a Mathews and that's why I shoot it.

Quick Reply: switchback xt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.