Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Opinions on a trophy ridge micro matrix sight >

Opinions on a trophy ridge micro matrix sight

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Opinions on a trophy ridge micro matrix sight

Old 07-17-2006, 09:56 AM

Default Opinions on a trophy ridge micro matrix sight

I was just wondering if this sight is any good. I was thinking about getting one. Wanted some opinions beforeI bought it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 07-18-2006, 09:59 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Opinions on a trophy ridge micro matrix sight

I just got mine from cabelas today, they had them in the bargain bin online for a good price. Looks great, i'll give an update after I use it
Old 07-19-2006, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have the trophy ridge matrix sight. I like it, however, it isn't as bright as many of the other sights I have seen lately. I am really liking the new sights from G5. If price isn't a problem, these sights, in my opinion, are pretty nice. Overall thought the trophy ridge matrix is a nice sight and I am happy with it. One must get is the attachable light to help with the lighting of the pins!
Old 07-19-2006, 09:00 PM

I have the Micro Matrix 5 pin....love the verticle pins. The sights are a breeze to adjust..... I put the light on top and glow ring, the light istoo bright I had to fingernail polish it until the barely glow.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Of the four or five sights I've got on my bows, I'll have to be honest and say that the Matrix is my least favorite of the bunch. I'm not crazy about having a good bit of the sight made out of plastic for one thing, but mostly it's because I don't like the sight picture for anything beyond my top pin. When I shoot the 30 and 40-yard pins, the top pin(s) just cover too much of my target. The brightness issue comes up for me as well.

I'm not sure you can compare my Spot Hogg, as it's obviously not an apples-to-apples comparison in price and features. But -- for less money, you can buy the Extreme RT 900 and get a lot better sight, in my opinion, with MUCH brighter pins.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:09 AM

I used the site for two seasons and i must say for myself that it's a piece of crap. the pins are not built strong enough; they will bend by just touching them. the housing is made of plastic which wears out over time. the micro adjust on mine basically fell apart after the second season. and like greg said, during sun-down it is nearly impossible to tell apart the lower pins from one another.
get yourself a cobra sidewinder or something that will take the abuse of hunting and that will allow you to shoot at the best time... sundown!
Old 07-24-2006, 07:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

I got rid of mine. In low light conditions it seems as if there is only one pin. I went with a Dusk Devil II and that is a well named sight. Very bright even in low light. No need for any light besides what is natural. I also prefer the sight picture. I can make out the target much better than I could with the TR. My review of the TR, well if you can't say something nice.....