Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Vertical Pins

Old 06-25-2006, 05:18 PM

Default RE: Vertical Pins

the vertical pins and gapping was never really an issue for me, however, the pins not being very bright and them being completely black when in the shade was.
Old 06-25-2006, 07:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

That was my problem also and is the reason I no longer have a TR Matrix on my bow. When my target was in bright light and I was in shade,(heavy cover or a blind), it appeared as if I only had one pin. Made it so I could not make out the 30 & 40 yard pins. Those of you that use this type of sight may want to check that out. Missing a chance in the woods would be a heck of a way to learn.
Old 06-26-2006, 07:58 PM
Typical Buck

I shoot a flatliner,vertical pins, I put a gold colored circle and a light
on it, the light is purple in color and makes the pins look like bulbs. I could and have shot this rest in the pitch black basement with accuracy.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:06 PM

i quess it must be opinion, but i had a trophy ridge and i threw the thing in the garbage... you can't see your pins during sundown.. and the pins bend like a hair in the wind... do yourself a favor... don't even consider this site as an option!!!!!
Old 07-26-2006, 12:50 PM
Fork Horn

Go with the horizontal pins you can see the outline of the deer much better because there is spaces in-beteween the pins. With verticle pins the spaces are filled with the next pin coming up. Much easier to pick out the outline in low light as well with horizontal. Go with the Cobra Sidwinder. I love mine, and are very afordable and you'll never need a light these things, they shine all the time!
Old 07-26-2006, 01:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

tschammel,
I had problems in low light with the verticle pins too.
I also switched to the Cobra Sidewinder. They are unreal bright. One question though. My fibre opticwraps seem to vibrate a bit on the shot. Does yours? how'd you fix it if so?
Old 07-26-2006, 01:32 PM

i use the cobra and had the same problem.. i just readjusted the fibers inside the clear housing and the problem was fixed; you could also stick some clear plastic wrap like freezer wrap in there if you can't get it to stop.
Old 07-26-2006, 01:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Walt. The freezer wrap idea sounds good. I'll give it a try
Old 07-26-2006, 01:44 PM
Fork Horn

I had the same thing happen. I fixed my buzz by sticking on a rubber harmonic dampaner on the top of the site where it is flat. I then opened the clear plastic casing and put a few drops of super glueon the fibers which held them in place. Sounds like the freezer wrap might take away from your light a littel and make it even buzz even more. A few drops of glue on the fibers and the puting the dampener on and mine disapeared.
Old 07-26-2006, 01:45 PM

anytime DannyD...

Quick Reply: Vertical Pins

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.