Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Switchback and Ultra rest >

Switchback and Ultra rest

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Switchback and Ultra rest

Old 05-30-2006, 12:49 AM

Default Switchback and Ultra rest

Does anyone know if the QAD Ultra Rest will work on the Switchback. Was at the local shop this weekend and they talked me into pulling back the Switchback. Now I'll amit I'm no expert and that I haven't drawn that many Matthews bows, but WOW!!! This bow was the LD and there aren't that many 32" draw bows out there. This was the smoothest bow I have ever drawn. Got me thinking I might just have to invest. The dealer claims that with my draw length I should be pushing 300+ fps. My current bow is shooting 435 gr arrow at 272fps at 63lbs. They have a corno at the shop and if (with my arrows) it is within 5 fps it may be going home with me.

Tom
Old 05-30-2006, 03:35 PM

Default RE: Switchback and Ultra rest

Im almost positive it will I know it works on a tribute as the shop worker had one on his, so I assume it would work on the switchback, but with the roller guard it is a toss up.
Old 06-04-2006, 08:58 PM
Spike

My brother has one on his Switchback and has absolutely no problems with it. I and he love our Ultra-rests!
Old 06-04-2006, 09:00 PM
Typical Buck

I was not even planning on buying a new bow but I had gone into my pro shop to pick up two dozen new arrows. I too made the mistake of handling the Mathews. I ordered mine a week later and finally picked it up this past Thursday. I got the Switchback XT . . . (my second Mathews ).

It is one fantastic bow and shooter.
Old 06-05-2006, 12:46 AM

Thanks for the replies. I visited Mathews site and saw picture of one with the Ultra Rest on it. I also visited my dealer and he said it would be no problem. Not sure about the bow, but I do know the Ultra Rest is going to be on what ever I'm shooting.

Thanks again,
Tom
Old 06-07-2006, 08:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I love my Switchback XT, and I have the RipCord DropAway Rest on it, it's a flawless set up