Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

06 bowtechs

Old 04-27-2006, 11:55 AM

Default 06 bowtechs

I had the oppertunity yesterday to shoot the 06 Allegiance and 06 constitution. Holy cow. The constitution's draw was not as bad as I thought. I found it pretty smooth, The Allegiance I shot had the smooth mods on it and it nuts how smooth that thing is. I had to laugh when I drew it back.
I have a pro 40 freedom now and thought that was smooth, the Allegiance imo is smoother yet, and somehow still spits the arrows out at close to 320.
It is going to be hard to choose between the 2.
I am just amazed at those.
Just my 2 cents
Mike
Old 05-01-2006, 04:00 AM

Default RE: 06 bowtechs

have you(or anyone else reading this, for that matter), shot the allegiance next to the tribute? does the slightly higher ATA make much difference?
Old 05-01-2006, 04:46 PM

I shot the allegiance and the tribute back to back and chose the allegiance. The tribute might be ever so slightly deader in the hand, but not enough to warrant the loss of speed and ATA lenth. Also, because of the longer riser, the Tribute felt heavier to me--not as bad as a trycon, but heavier than the allegiance. I ended up picking upa 60lballegiance with smooth cams. It's a smooth but fast shooter!
Old 05-05-2006, 07:55 PM

ORIGINAL: elkaddict

I shot the allegiance and the tribute back to back and chose the allegiance. The tribute might be ever so slightly deader in the hand, but not enough to warrant the loss of speed and ATA lenth. Also, because of the longer riser, the Tribute felt heavier to me--not as bad as a trycon, but heavier than the allegiance. I ended up picking upa 60lballegiance with smooth cams. It's a smooth but fast shooter!
How do you like it. That is what I am thinking of getting. What speeds are you getting out of it with the smooth mods?
Old 05-06-2006, 10:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

have you(or anyone else reading this, for that matter), shot the allegiance next to the tribute?
Just about every day!

Honestly, it's just really hard to tell the difference between these two bows. Blindfolded, I'd have a hard time telling which one I had just shot if you put one in my hand and clipped the release on for me. Because of that, I'll probably be hunting mostly with the Allegiance this year -- because of the few extra fps I gain with it.
Old 05-09-2006, 01:40 PM

DOPVFT

My allegiance is a 60lb 29" DL with peep, nock, and loop. Shooting 400 grain arrows through a whisker bisciut, I'm getting 270fps. Frankly, that's 10fps slower than I expected given the 317fps birth cirtificate. Still, that's plenty fast, and as fast as my 70+lb Patriots were shooting the same arrows. I suspect the biscuit is costing me a few fps. It's a shooter!
Old 05-09-2006, 02:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

have you (or anyone else reading this, for that matter), shot the allegiance next to the tribute? does the slightly higher ATA make much difference?
I have shot both side by side and if I had a longer draw length probably would have bought the Allegiance mostly for the extra speed. I didn't feel that the Tribute was enough of a difference in feel to give up the extra FPS. Alas being stubby armed I bought the better fit which is the Equalizer, and its everything its claimed to be, smokin for a short draw bow.