Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Question about SKB bow cases??? >

Question about SKB bow cases???

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Question about SKB bow cases???

Old 04-21-2006, 01:02 PM

Default Question about SKB bow cases???

Actually a couple of questions. I don't see the Mathews Legacy on their fit charts, can anybody tell me what cases the Legacy will fit in?

Secondly I was thinking about getting the rectangular parallel limb bow case (Item # 2SKB-4114A) figuring any bow I may get in the future likely would have limbs that were very parallel and would likely not fit in one of their other cases. The strange thing is I looked at that specific model at my local sporting goods store and it appeared the same as the pictures I've seen on the company website and at other internet retailers but the latches were plastic resin rather than metal. Does anybody know if they are changing over to different latches or if they are making a cheaper version of this case?

I've e-mailed SKB twice now with these questions and have yet to get a response which doesn't really impress me with their customer service. They get a lot for their cases and claim them to be the best out there but I'm not sure I want to spend the money if they aren't going to be there to help me out right away if there is a problem. Anybody had to deal with their customer service? Any other cases you wou recommend that would fit the Legacy or the newest parallel limb designs?
Old 04-21-2006, 05:20 PM

Default RE: Question about SKB bow cases???

Can't recommend a better case, I've never had to deal with their customer service... As far as fit goes, my 38" ATA UltraTec and my old 42" Hoyt SuperStar fit with plenty of room to spare for gear including neoprene waders, camoflage and boots in the regular case. I can't imagine that your Legacy wouldn't.
Old 04-29-2006, 06:02 AM

Default RE: Question about SKB bow cases???

Like Kodiak said it is a great case... I bought mine last year to use on a Travel hunting trip.. I have the double bow case and my Allegiance just fit's.. I looked at the the rectangular case and the problem with that case is the weight.. The guy at the pro shop told me he had several customers that had bought it and when they went onto a plane they were getting hit with over weight charges... The case I got I had no problems with it at all. I packed with the bow, arrows, a gun, and all sorts of clothes and misc.items.Just something else to concider before you buy..

I also watched the airline baggage people drop my case from the convaer belt onto the ground and everthing inside the case was survived without a scratch..