Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Ripcord v. QAD arrow rest >

Ripcord v. QAD arrow rest

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Ripcord v. QAD arrow rest

Old 04-05-2006, 10:14 PM

Default Ripcord v. QAD arrow rest

I'm looking to try a new drop away on my 06 allegiance (it presently has a biscuit on it). While the TTs have worked flawlessly on my other bows, I thought I'd try one of containment style drop aways. Has anyone used both of these enough to share the pros and cons? Is one more reliable than the other? Is one easier to set up/tune. I've been told the rip cord arrow support is plastic and break occaisionally. Any truth to this? Thanks in advance.
Old 04-05-2006, 10:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ripcord v. QAD arrow rest

I am presently testing a bisquit and so far love it. Full containment, quiet and it tuned in 6 shots. I grew very weary of the strings involved with the drop away and actually saw one wear out close to breaking. They also stretch and affect the timing of the drop cycle. Also the attachment onto the buss cables always affects the timing on the binaries and needs to be tweaked. For all those reasons and the total simplicity and reliable design of the WB it will be my hunting rest this fall.
Old 04-05-2006, 11:04 PM

I've been playing around with a biscuit most of the winter. They certainly are convenient and quiet. Although they cost some velocity, my biggest gripe is some of the phantom poor shots. One out five arrows or so unexplainably lands off target(its not the arrows--I keep the marked). I'm begining to suspect they are more sensitive to slight form errors than the TT drop aways I'm used to. For sitting in a blind or in a stand a close distance as I do in the evenings, it's ideal. However, for the spot and stalk hunting I do most mornings, where ranges can really stretch out, I'm a little concerned. For some reason, I'm getting more flyers with the biscuit. One thing for sure, its sold me on the need for some kind of containment rest.
Old 04-06-2006, 10:28 AM

Sounds like you will being doing the same kind of hunting I will be(spot and stalk) in open country. The QAD LD Pro rest couldn’t be any better for that application in my opinion. My friend Jason shoots the Ripcord on his BowTech Patriot; which is a good rest, but it does not keep the arrow up off the bow shelf on slow let down. The QAD is the only full containment rest that will also keep the arrow in the up position, off the bow shelf if you decide not to take the shot. When you draw back a second time the arrow will be ready to go. Call QAD archery and see when the new 2006 LD model will be released. That is the one to get. As long as you follow the directions you shouldn’t have any problems with rigging the QAD.
Old 04-08-2006, 10:45 PM

i have the same bow along with a trykon i went with the QAD ultra hunter on my allegiance and the biscuit on the trykon at first after a week of shooting about 500 arrows thru the QAD on the allengiance i went out yesterday and got a QAD ultra hunter for my hoyt.i did not think id like it but i have to admit i love it shot out of one of my pratice stands my blind turning fast leaning every way i could and the arrow seemed to just flow right out upon release i shoot the eaton axis st's with the 2 inch blazers so the shafts are as small as they come and so are the vanes and it all worked great even busted out some old fat alum's and they worked great thru theQAD too.

Old 04-09-2006, 09:28 AM
Fork Horn

MilDotMaster:

What is the difference between the Ultra and the LD? I'm currently using a Muzzy ZE on my tribute...but I'm thinking aboutgiving theQAD a try. Maybe I'll have to contact QAD about the LD. Also, I'm new to the whole "drop away" thing and was wondering if the QAD can be rigged up to the cable slide instead of the cables? Thanks.