Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Slick Tricks!!!!!

Old 06-03-2006, 06:19 PM
Spike

Default RE: Slick Tricks!!!!!

I am using Muzzy 4-blade 90 grain tips.
Can anyone tell me why theyfeel that the Slick Tricks are a better blade?
IfI were to change from the Muzzy 90's which grain would you recommend?
Old 06-05-2006, 05:54 AM
Typical Buck

Well I've attached a picture of real world evidence on a Slick Trick. The following picture is of a Slick Trick pass thru on a doe. The very reason I took this picture is my brother laughed at the look and size of the head when I showed it to him.

This deer was shot by my 17 year old son, 25 yds, broadside from a 30 ft treestand. The angle was very steep.

I hope the picture is viewable as I had to resize it.

Old 06-05-2006, 06:07 AM
Typical Buck

To add more info for the Slick Tricks for Silver Fox:

1) The way the blades lock together is as solid as it gets.
2) The blades are thick and as tough as nails.
3) They truly fly like field points even from speed bows. My son's is 299 fps.

There are alot of good heads out there and Muzzy is one of them. I shot Thunderheads before this and swore by them. But these are just my favorite based on the reasons above.
Old 06-05-2006, 02:07 PM
Fork Horn

Its the only broadhead I could ever get to group....

Old 06-05-2006, 07:47 PM
Spike

That is one problem I have with my Muzzy's is holding a group. They seem so sensitive. I can keep them in the kill area but not ina very good group. I like arrows to go where I'm shooting them, that way if i should miss it is my fault and not the equipment. I'm not sure whether to blame the Muzzy's or whether I just don't have the bow tuned properly or whether maybe different fleching or the changing of Broadheadsmay help.

When looking at the pictures of the Slick Tricks they look verysimilar to the Muzzy. Do you really think they are superior to them??????????

I am shooting a Mathews Ultra-Max, Beman ICS Hunter 400 28.5"arrows, Muzzy 4-blade 90 grain tips@ 65#. If you think I should change which tip do you suggest the 85 or the 100.
Old 06-06-2006, 03:18 PM
Typical Buck

I would use the 100gr. The only issue i had with the tricks was because the heads are steel and after you shoot thru you deer and hit a rock unlike conventional heads they don't break apart to save your arrow, These heads have no give you arrow is shot. Small price to pay to have a blood trail like somebody poured it out of a 1 gallon water picture. Like the rest of you guys I was weiry of these. Hell I switched from muzzy's, nobody switches from muzzy's. Try them folks, small head big hole. short tracks.