Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Marten Orion?

Old 03-14-2006, 09:57 PM

Default Marten Orion?

Anyone had any expericence with this bow? Was looking at it as a entery/reentry level compound. Been out of the compound world for awhile so not sure whats good or not as a starter these days.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:01 AM

Default RE: Marten Orion?

I don't have any experience with the Orion, but Martin bows in general. It should serve you pretty well. I've got three Martin bows at present. If you take a good look at the different models you'll see something. There really is no "entry level" bow in the line-up. Most of the difference in prices is due to the machining of the risers and limb pockets. The bows share the same limbs, cams, and rigging. That means the Orion may just have the same components as the top-end bows.

I would suggest you shoot a few of them to get a feel. Then make a decision. If you are looking for strictly a hunting bow and some occassional 3D I'd lean more toward the Tru-Arc+ cams. Performance is good and there is more adjustability for tweaking your drawlength, not to mention less trouble with things going out of tune due to string/cable creep, although the Martin strings are pretty good for factory offerings.

Go for it.
Old 03-16-2006, 06:04 PM

Every now and then a bow company makes a kick butt bow fora killer price.Well Martin makes a bow called a Saber.Parrallel limbs and shoots smooth with little or no vibration .I just looked and saw it on a archery shops page and they were ripping people off they wanted like 550 for it.This bow sells for like 350 bucks at the shop I go toand is really a nice bow.If your from Tx I can tell you where to buy it.No I am or have no part of the bow shop.Wish I did my toys would be cheaper and a new bow every year is a must .I'm buying them every year now at about 1000 a pop.(switchback and tribute last two years)Try to get parralel limbs quiter and smoother try them and you will see what I am saying.Have fun picking out your new bow and welcome back to bow hunting
Old 03-17-2006, 02:45 PM

Thanks for the input guys.
I will take a look at both bows this weekend.
Pity I don't live closer to Texas or I would be checking the Saber out down there.
Old 03-18-2006, 09:58 PM

Tried them both. Liked them both. There was a $100 difference in priceSo cant make up my mind. Will try again tomorrow.(Just an excuse to shoot more bows)
Old 03-19-2006, 06:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

i have a phantom and it shoots great and you might also want to check out the cougar or jaguar mag
Old 03-27-2006, 05:27 PM

Well got the Saber. Just felt good and shot as well as the others.
Could not try the Cougar as I had to order it. None instock so wasn't about to buy
a bow I hadn't shot. Same with the Jaguar.
Thanks for the input. Now I gotta get out and shoot.