Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 An in depth look at the Star Track by Vital Bow Gear >

An in depth look at the Star Track by Vital Bow Gear

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

An in depth look at the Star Track by Vital Bow Gear

Old 03-24-2006, 07:00 PM

Default An in depth look at the Star Track by Vital Bow Gear

I just got my sight in tonight and installed it. This sight is just amazing! It is very easy to install and adjust. There is the orange glow ring around the aperture for quick target acquisition. With 5 feet of fibre, the .029 pin is really bright. Here's a look at the sight. The photo doesn't do the pin any justice at all. I had to hold the camera at a quartering angle so you could see it. With the pin and yardage markers glowing back, the photo didn't work to well. The pin is MUCH brighter than the photo shows.

Well, only one photo per post is allowed so this will be continued.

Old 03-24-2006, 07:04 PM

Default RE: An in depth look at the Star Track by Vital Bow Gear

To adjust the slide, simply move the thumb tab andpivot either up or down. The yardage markers are bright and easy to set. Even the indicator pin is fibre optic and easy to see. This sight is easy to install. I can build arrows but am just not a bow tech. I had this sight installed in about 5 minutes and in about another 5 minutes was putting 5 arrows in the X ring. For you guys that are looking at new sights, definetly check this one out! The only down side is the price. I got it for cost, but MSRP is around $150. Oh, and it is very light as well. My bow is lighter and quieter than it was with the Easy Slide Extreme. Needless to say, I am one happy bowman!! This is what the thumbtab looks like.

Old 03-25-2006, 08:48 AM
Typical Buck

Mobowhuntr, you are going to love this sight, especially in those first few minutes of the morning and the last few minutes of legal shooting time. I have the VBG Pro Fix single pin sight. It is essentially the exact same thing that you have without the slide adjustment. I am a single pin shooter and have been for years. A few years ago I was wanting a better, brighter sight that what I was using. I looked at several and just didn't see what I wanted. Then I was in my local Proshop and looked in the case ( cue the triumphant music!!) and BEHOLD!!! In front of me was the end of my journey, the perfect sight!!!. Seriously, I saw this sight and knoew that it was what I was looking for. This was when Spike Mountain had just changed to Vital Bow Gear and started making these sights. I told the owner that I coudn't believe how bright it was. He said to take it back to the DART range where it is darker if I really wanted to be impressed. Needles to say, I bought it that day and couldn't be happier. You will love it. Good luck with it.
Old 03-25-2006, 12:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Very cool sight, mobowhuntr! That looks awesome! [8D] Except it's mounted on the wrong side for my style... I like how the sight can pivot up and down with yardage indicators. That is incredible! Good luck with it!

Here's the sight that I just ordered today (after checking out a right handed model)
Vital Bow Gear Camelback Pendulum. I ordered it in a lefty model and also in green not black:
Old 03-25-2006, 05:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Butch,

If you don't mind me askin, where did you order your sight from?
Old 03-25-2006, 05:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: VAhuntr

Butch,

If you don't mind me askin, where did you order your sight from?
http://store.yahoo.com/archery-experts/

Old 03-25-2006, 05:40 PM

Butch, you just make me so proud (as I wipe the tears from my eyes.) That's an awesome sight as well, I think you'll really like it. What do you mean, on the wrong side??????? I've told you before if you would turn your bow upside down like it's suppose to be everything would be on the correct side....[&:]
Old 03-25-2006, 06:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

LOL!!!
Yeah, the pendulum sight is really cool. It has a locking lever on top and then won't move. They say to sight it in at 20 yards on flat ground. Then, the sight from a tree stand (in pendulum mode) will be dead on from 0 - 30 yards, maybe 35 depending on bow speed! [8D]

Oh, and I have to shoot lefty... I may be a little goofy, backwards, but I can hit the bullseye at 30yards! You should see me try to shoot righty (left eye dominant)! Lord only knows where that arrow will end up!
Old 03-25-2006, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the link! I think you will be happy with Vital Bow Gear sight. I'm really impressed with the brightness of their sights.
Old 03-26-2006, 11:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've got the regular ole Pro-slide and always wish I'd paid up for the star Track. It looks sweet.

Butcha, I've shot pendulums for years and every year before deer season I'd make it a point to grab my climber and head up a tree to hunting heights and shoot at several different targets at various yardages going out away from the tree. (5,10,15,20,25&30)
My last set-up had me dead on out to 25, but then the arrows would fall short before the 30 yard target, and that was at 270fps. No big deal- as long as I knew before hand what to expect. I had better results with a slower bow using a fixed rest. I always wondered is the faster set-up was faulted by the dropaway I was using on it (possibly altering the trajectory due to the arrow diving below square during the shot sequence).

Give it a whirl before season IMHO, just to give you the confidence of what it WILL do, instead of what it is supposed to do.

Quick Reply: An in depth look at the Star Track by Vital Bow Gear

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.