Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Hoyt, Reflex, or Alpine? >

Hoyt, Reflex, or Alpine?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Hoyt, Reflex, or Alpine?

Old 02-13-2006, 03:36 PM

Default Hoyt, Reflex, or Alpine?

Which brand would you choose and why? Please give the pros and cons of each if you are familiar w/ them.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:20 PM

Default RE: Hoyt, Reflex, or Alpine?

Hoyt first, Reflex second, and Alpine the last. Just my opinion. I have always shot Hoyt bows, not because I am a brand basher, but I enjoy their techs and performance. I have shot many a bow in my days, from Bowtech to Matthews to Parker. I compete as well as bowhunt, and I have found the accuracy, forgiveness, and stand down output to be where I need to have it with the Hoyt systems. I have never had problems with my bows, both in maintenance and performance. Some people on here and throughout the archery business will defend to their brands, espeically the big 3-Hoyt, Matthews and Bowtech. For me, Bowtech didn't fill the awesome void I needed for comeptition and bowhuntin, and Matthews was too little of a bow. Reflex were ok bows, in my mind, but again wasn't for me. And that is what you want- a bow that works for you, feels good in the hand, and has no problem delivering the speed, knockdown, mechanical performance, and accuracy that is needed to complete that shot. Hoyt is for me, but not saying Reflex, Alpine, Matthews, Bowtech so on and so on are not for you. I would shoot all 3, maybe 6 total manufacturers to get a feel what all the top bows feel to you.
In the end, each archer, whether bowhunting or comepetitive shooting, will have a slight difference in shooting ability, draw ability, and comfortability in the bow and what you can do with the bow.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:31 PM

I agree with the order of Coyotestalker. The paralel limbs on a Hoyt shoot like magic but most have a set draw length. Reflex our great and dependable.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:19 PM

ORIGINAL: reflex03

The paralel limbs on a Hoyt shoot like magic but most have a set draw length. .
The only Hoyt with a set draw length is the Trykon. Of course, it's also the only one with parallel limbs. Most of your other Hoyts, ie, the UltraTec, Vtec, PowerTec and such with the cam and a half have 2 1/2" of draw length adjustment. Reflex IS Hoyt, they come off of the same line, same cam system the whole deal. You just can't go wrong with either of them. Personally, I shoot an UltraTec, and my son has a Reflex Grizzly. They are both just incredible shooting bows. I can't say a thing objectively about Alpine, never seen one let alone shot one.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:50 PM

My bow is a reflex extremeand I've been very happy with it. Its been my first and only bow so far and I bought it in 2000 or 2001 and it has done my right. Killed a few deer and a couple of hogs with it.

May be time to look at a new bow but the reflex has been a good bow to me. Have had zero problems with it since I've had it.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:59 PM
Fork Horn

IMHO...HoYt...Nuhtin compares