Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Switchback XT

Old 05-02-2006, 10:50 AM

Default RE: Switchback XT

I just bought the Switchback XT and let me tell you, I am in love!

Here is what I thought of the other bows:

Hoyt Trykon- My preferred choice going to the archery shop. I had shot it twice before and was impressed. Fast as heck, tough draw because of the stiff wall. Not stable after the shot.

Bowtech Allegiance- Smoothest draw out there, bow was heavy in the hand and semi-stable after the shot.

Mathews - Smooth draw, Rock solid after the shot. Just felt right for me.

I was shooting a PSE Nova and I am glad I upgraded. My PSE was dependable and shot great and I am looking forward to many years with my Mathews Switchback XT.

I will post pictures when I am done dressing her up!
Old 05-04-2006, 04:11 AM

here in canada you can get one for around 869.00$

Old 05-04-2006, 06:00 AM
Banned

No, to answer your question. It doesn't beat a Hoyt Trykon

Old 05-04-2006, 06:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think their ugly and the grips are terrible.[:@]Just my 2 and nothing agin anyone who has one. Saw them the other day next to some hoyts. Can't see the attraction.
Old 05-04-2006, 11:33 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: nodog

I think their ugly and the grips are terrible.[:@]Just my 2 and nothing agin anyone who has one. Saw them the other day next to some hoyts. Can't see the attraction.
Well said; to me a bow also has to be attractive and the Hoyts sure have that as well as being the fastest,quietest bows on the market going for them
Old 05-10-2006, 07:51 PM

I think its terrible that yall think the draw cycle on those Trykons(POS) are better than everything Mathews puts together in one package. J/K I Think the Trykon is more attractive but its the feel of the bow that determines my descision and the Trykon just didn't have it all.

Old 05-13-2006, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have had a Switchback XT for 11 days and have no regrets buying it. I feel like I own one of the top three hunting bows in the world. That's good enough for me. The price in Austin, TX was $699.95 and when the dustsettled, I had spent $1420. My wife is having problems withit and she pointed out I had a perfectly good bow and she new I was shooting good groups with it and she knew I was 1 for 1 mule deer hunting. I didn't know exactly what to tell her so I told her just be glad I'm not into bass boats. That seems to have worked for now.

I think quality bows are like many other quality products.....when you tout yours as the best, there will always be someone touting theirs. That's great....can anyone say I don't own one of the top three?
Old 05-13-2006, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

i picked it up and i hated the grip on it and it was Heavy feeling to me which i dont like if it were me i would go trykon but i got martin because i love the grip and how light it is so dont look past them there new slayer is a work of art
Old 05-22-2006, 10:32 PM
Typical Buck

Here in Washington State the price is $795 . . . I pick up mine next week.

It is very smooth and nice. Since my wife died years ago and I haven't found a new one I have to have something "Smooth and Nice" in my life.

This will have to do.
Old 05-23-2006, 02:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I bought the Mathews LX 2yrs ago for 600 cash was 719,was in the shop on thurs and they had the switchback for 799,called around and that seemed to be the going price around here.nxt year I might add the switchback to my collection.
Remember..If the bow dosnt feel like part of you,it wont be part of you.In my 23 yrs of bowhunting,the only bow to fit right was the Browning and I tried Hoyt,PSE,Bear,When I bought My Mathews went thru the same thing tried many,the mathews fit me the best.
Everyone can tell you what they like,but its, what BOW is right for you!!!
And only you can answer that.

Quick Reply: Switchback XT

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.