HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   What Brand of Arrows? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/131722-what-brand-arrows.html)

liljim531 02-04-2006 06:04 PM

What Brand of Arrows?

I am wondering what you guys think is the best Carbon arrow on the Market. Out of the brands: Carbon Express, Easton, Beman....etc.
Thanks a lot

MilDotMaster 02-04-2006 08:31 PM

RE: What Brand of Arrows?

Oh boy...here we go again!!! Since nobody else is jumping in...I will be the first to speak up and get slapped down.:D

I have done allot of research and these are the arrows I had as my top picks for hunting...not target shooting.

Gold Tip XT Hunter Pro
Gold Tip Ultra Light Pro
Easton A/C/C
Easton Super Slims
Carbon Tech WhiteTails XP
Carbon Tech Rhinos XP

I don't think you can go wrong with any of these.How did I pick from the list above? Well I first ruled out the arrows that in my opinion required a 125 grain tip to get the FOC I was looking for at my spine and arrow length. The 125 grain tips are over-kill for my purposes, so that took 3 out of the list above. That left me with 3 remaining. I then did some testing and asking around for strength #1, accuracy #2and consistancy #3and narrowed it down to one arrow from the list above. As you can see my vote is for the Carbon Tech WhiteTail Arrows.If I was shooting a 125 grain tip I would have got the Carbon Tech Rhinos or the Easton Super Slims. If I find something better, I will be the first to change my vote. To avoid any conflict with other members I will make the closing statement of...this is only my opinion for my purposes.:)

Illinoisbow 02-04-2006 09:44 PM

I use Carbon Exspress arrows.

The Good: Very Accurate,Very Durable
The Bad: Fairly Expensive

newman1 02-05-2006 06:10 AM

Carbon Tech Whitetail XP's for me.

Mike from Texas 02-05-2006 09:08 AM

A/C/C.

I'm not a fan of all carbon arrows but the Carbon Express Maximas look really nice.

jjantzen 02-05-2006 12:08 PM

I've only used the Super Carbon Magnum Arrows, but they work great for me.

mobow 02-05-2006 06:02 PM

ORIGINAL: Mike from Texas

A/C/C.

I'm not a fan of all carbon arrows but the Carbon Express Maximas look really nice.
Agreed. I also shoot the A/C/C. The thing I like about the Carbon Express Maximas is the way the arrow is built. Most carbons are wrapped, but the C E is woven. It looks like a woven basket. Also, most carbon arrows are built to one size then sanded down to the proper specs. Not so with C E. Each arrow they build is built to it's own specs. Apprently they own pattent rights to this technique.

wihunter402 02-06-2006 08:25 AM

I shoot the Gold Tip Pro Hunters but I have to say the Carbon Experss Maximas do look like something I want to try.

Snood Slapper 02-06-2006 11:58 AM

I have had excellent luck with certain GT's, Super Carbon Supreme (no longer made) and Patriot arrows. I did just get off the phone with Super Carbon (Parker Bows) and they told me that when their stock is gone, they are getting out of the arrow shaft business.

mkiesslinggop 02-06-2006 01:39 PM

Always shot Gold Tip prohunters, but changed to Beaman ICSs this year andhave been very happy. Two shots=two dead deer, both less than 100 yards from the stand. Can't argue with those results.