Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

'toad400' press

Old 01-29-2006, 07:24 AM

Default 'toad400' press

this thing is built like a frikkin tank. its very easy to use. if i were using it in a shop with a billion different bows, i'd change out the set bolts on the rollers and on the posts that sit on the inside of your riser. as it is you need a wrench to tighten/loosen them. i'd either weld some sort of handle on them or make somthing up that had a round handle to do the loosening and tightening. its very smooth to operate. the bow in the picture is a 40" ata bow, so that will give some idea of its size and adjustabity. the assembly with the crank and rollers swivels a bit for adjustability which is very nice. the crank assembly is smooth in action and holds solid. the stand should be here this coming week. the stand and press shipped to my door was around $260. i've just barely used it, so i'm not saying its the end all/be all, but my initial impressions are excellent.

Old 01-29-2006, 08:30 AM

Default RE: 'toad400' press

That is an awesome price,will it adjust down to fit parallel limb bows?
cool color too
Old 01-29-2006, 10:21 AM

here's my pat s/c pressed. you can see all the tension is off the string. i hope the placement of posts and rollers is good. only thing i've ever used on it is wwag's press, and its a little different.

now, he also has a side attachment for use with the new beyond parallels' and may also make pressing the normal parallel's easier - but this was pretty much a breeze.
Old 01-29-2006, 10:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thats the press we are getting for our shop I just wish he never named it after a frog

will it adjust down to fit parallel limb bows?
He has another end section that has a jack that works on the parrallel limb bows I think it is an extra $40 plus shipping

Here is a link to his web site http://www.mccormicarchery.com/page/page/2756998.htm
Old 01-31-2006, 04:49 PM
Spike

I have the exact same press and yes, it will press your parallel limb bow. Mine takes care of my Bowtech and my new Switchback. They are made solid.
Old 01-31-2006, 07:52 PM

ORIGINAL: Bullhound

I have the exact same press and yes, it will press your parallel limb bow. Mine takes care of my Bowtech and my new Switchback. They are made solid.
yep, that's not cheap thin tubing, its the thick stuff.