Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

tribute

Old 01-21-2006, 06:17 AM

Default tribute

I went to my local bow shop two days ago to get some arrows and there was the new bowtech tribute.Now I like new toys and also must add I have a 2005 switchback(which the same shop said was the greatest bow sense sliced bread last year).Now they all shoot the tribute and you know human nature I GOT TO HAVE ONE. I went back the next day to shoot one and it was the hardest bow I have ever drawn and held back in my life.It did have the fast cam in it and I want the smooth.There was no vibration in it at all but for that price it should be vib free.As far as let off it was very uncomfortable and I dont think I could hold it back more than 30 seconds.I have not given up yet on them but I need to shoot one set up with what I want.I was not impressed YET but could be.I like to shoot all kinds of bows but I have noticed there are alot of Mathews haters in here.(I wish I could sll that many bws on just my name)I like mine and I'm sure when I get my new bowtech I wll like it also
Old 01-21-2006, 10:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: tribute

When I first shot the Tribute it was harder to hold back, I could do it, but it didn't feel right as far as the advertised letoff. They threw this gauge from easton on it and drew it back. It told them the draw weight and hold weight. Guess what the hold weight was like 60% letoff and I was drawing 70 pds. Once adjusted it was fine.

Shane
Old 01-25-2006, 04:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: tribute

True that, I scaled the test bow at my shop and it was only holding 70% at full draw......