Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Trykon Report & Question on Quiver >

Trykon Report & Question on Quiver

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Trykon Report & Question on Quiver

Old 01-13-2006, 10:30 AM

Default Trykon Report & Question on Quiver

Picked up my Trykon last night... I went with the Schaffer Drop rest and the Cobra Sidewinder sight. I wanted the Spott Hogg but I didn't think the pins were very bright. Took it out on the range to get it "in the ball park" and all I can say is WOW... this bow is much better than my first impression which was great. Once the sight, rest and stabilizer were on it I expected a little more noise... on the contrary... what jumped out at me last night was the lack of vibration and noise as well as the speed.After I shot I went home and picked up my PSE Carroll and man did that ever feel like a clumsy, huge piece of junk... and that bow has served me well for over 10yrs.

Question: I also picked up te Hoyt two piece quiver. I didn't have the dealer put it on... but I should have. After installing it (very simple) I was disappointed: the arrow hood is offset from the arrow keeper section... enough so all arrows have to be on an angle to slide them into te hood. I looked all over the bow for other mounting options and there are none. So right now the hood is just inside or even with the top limb and the bottom of the arrows are pointed directly toward the outside of the lower cam. Hope you can picture that. Am I doing something wrong?
Old 01-13-2006, 02:13 PM

Default RE: Trykon Report & Question on Quiver

I also purchased a Trycon about a week ago -- Excellent choice in my opinion. After going to a few archery shops to shoot a variety of bows before making my decision and asking a lot of questions about bows and accessories one comment made by each of the archery shops was to purchase one of the Alpine Softlock Quivers. So, I bought one with my Trycon -- absolutly fantastic! Fits perfect and extremely quiet.
Old 01-13-2006, 04:49 PM

HuntW... thanks for the feedback. This one may be going back for the Alpine.
Old 01-14-2006, 01:43 AM

Most of the folks up here in Alaska are going with thr FUSE arrow quiver, it has plenty of SIMS type vibrations on it. Just a thought, take a look!
Old 01-15-2006, 12:28 AM

I am assuming you bought the Dura-Lite Two Piece Quiver from Hoyt.

If you did, you may have gotten the regular quiver, for most of the Tec Series bows. Hoyt's website might be able to clear it up for ya. http://www.hoyt.com/products/quivers.tpl

The Trykon requires a special Dura-Lite Two Piece Quiver, which I haven't seen (I own a Trykon and have the wrong quiver myself). I am surprised more dealers don't know about the fact that the quiver doesn't work. Even my dealer sold me the wrong quiver.

I am assuming the special Trykon Dura-Lite Quiver solves the riser issues you are dealing with.

Since the riser on the Trykon is completely different then many of the other Hoyt Tec bows, this might be the reason why the hood is offset from the bottom or lower section.

Just some food for thought.

Hope this helps.

Old 01-16-2006, 04:51 PM

Congrats on the new Trykon. Definately a great bow.
Old 01-16-2006, 08:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

try a one piece i like them a whole lot better because you can take them off in your stand which make the bow a whole lot lighter
Old 01-19-2006, 10:19 PM

I went with the Alpine Soft-Lock (3-arrow)myself. It's quiet,lightweight, and the sliding feature allows it to fit over my Smartrest (and the arrows don't extend past the limbs on either end). Plus it's pretty inexpensive compared to a Fuse.

2006 Hoyt Trykon
Copper John Deadnuts Hunter
NAP Smartrest
S-Coil
Limbsaver Cable Guard Dampener
Alpine Soft-Lock
Old 01-20-2006, 12:57 AM

I use a fuse sight/quiver combo. the sight bracket is also the mount for a nice quick release quiver. the model is a kantana it is adustable for different arrow lengths. the sight pins are tuff and bright! every thing about it is just rugged and user freindly!
Old 01-22-2006, 11:33 AM

BOLS... yes , you are correct. I bought the 2 piece Dura Lite Quiver from Hoyt. My dealer sold it to me and I doubt he knows there is a "special" two pieve quiver for the Trykon riser. How did you find out about the special quiver? I'll go back to my dealer tomorrow and return the one I have.
Thanks for the info from everybody who replied.

Quick Reply: Trykon Report & Question on Quiver

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.