Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Which backpack?

Old 12-20-2005, 04:19 AM
Fork Horn

Default Which backpack?

I know that there are many different brands and designs out there.
Which ones are you guys using and why? I usually just use a fanny
pack but I am ready to upgrade to a back pack.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:52 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Which backpack?

I use to buy them at Wal-Mart, but got tired of getting a new one every year because they wore out. I broke down and got one from Cabelas. Cabelas Elite Scout the large. It is very, very comfortable and well made.
Old 12-22-2005, 01:20 PM
Fork Horn

I looked into backpacks this fall, but didn't pull the trigger on one thinking Santa might bring me one. But after having researched the issue quite thoroughly, I decided on a Badlands Backpack. There just didn't seem to be anything close for the money. As I recall this site ( http://www.storycreekinc.com/products/badlands/daypack.html) was the site I thought would be the cheapest at the time. I bookmarked it in my favorites for some reason. I believe Cabelas has them as does my local sporting goods store, but they were both more expensive. The Badlands comes in a variety of sizes, from a fanny pack all the way up to the serious camping style with frame. Good luck...Happy Holidays and hope this gives you some alternativesfor your search.
Old 12-22-2005, 02:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

My wife and son bought me a cat quiver this past father's day. It's nice in that it is a quiver and back pack all in one. I do wish however, that the pack had a lining in it which would make it more waterproof. But I can honestly say that anything really got wet in it this past fall (even in heavy rain). In all I'd say I like it a lot, especially since I really don't care for a bow quiver.
Old 12-24-2005, 11:30 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the replies, I will check each one out.
Old 12-28-2005, 09:27 AM
RMA
Fork Horn

I've had GREAT success with these http://www.rmarchery.com/index.asp?spage=psearch&pid=1268794 link is to just one option. Many others listed on my site. Let me know if you have any questions.
Old 12-28-2005, 10:34 AM

I have tried them all andthe Wolf Pack System that I found atthe annual hunting showis by far the best pack on the market. I have the full size with all attachments and it has not failed on me in over 4 years of heavy long range backpacking/hunting. I even strap on more cylinder shape water proof packs to haul more than this pack was designed for. They make smaller packs for shorter trips. The material they use is very strong and so are the zippers. I have maxed this pack out to over 120 pounds and it has not torn or ripped yet. 3 hernia surgeries later, this pack is still as good as new. The only down fall is it's empty weight isabout 20-30% heavier than the less expensive gear you will find at local stores. The extra weight is due to the quality of material and duribility of the pack.

http://www.wolfpacksystems.com/

Check it out and tell me what you think.
Old 12-28-2005, 02:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I havea Fieldline model, love it except the fact that it's not waterproof!!
Old 12-28-2005, 04:15 PM
Site Bouncer

I do alot of backpacking and I have gone through many packs. There are some very very good packs out there but they are also very very expensive. I have found that Kelty makes just about the best pack for your money. They are built well, carry well and comfortable. Best of all, they won't break the bank! Look into kelty, they make everything from hip packs today packsto 3-4 day packs and all the way up tothe largest ofpacks.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:16 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks everyone for the info, I checked them all out. I decided on
the Kelty Elk Horn, it's a big fanny pack with shoulder straps. I
believe it will fit my needs for now.

Quick Reply: Which backpack?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.