Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Spyder Speed Silencers

Old 10-13-2002, 10:47 PM

Default Spyder Speed Silencers

Hey guys I installed these a few weeks ago and they definitely quieten the string better than the whiskers. Someone shot rather than shotthrough the outfitter's chrono so I cannot fps it. The bow seems to be just as fast or faster than with the whiskers. Does anyone else use them or have an opinion

Hey, size may not matter but it sure IS nice!
Old 10-17-2002, 09:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Spyder Speed Silencers

I've got them on my Parker UL35 and they work pretty good at making the string quieter. This summer I am going to test them at different places on the string to see if I can speed up the arrow a bit. My speed right now is the same as with the leeches but I still need to play around.
Old 10-17-2002, 09:11 PM

sounds as tho these are not the in style thing this year, huh. no action much on this post.

"Size may not matter but it sho IS nice!" [/quote]
Old 10-18-2002, 07:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sonner, I bought a pair over the summer, and took them off already. I bought them primarily to quiet my bow and not for speed. I was getting sick of the leeches breaking for me. I used all four of the spiders. But, I really didn't like their effect on noise. The leeches worked much better. So, I coughed up the money and wentr back to the leeches. As far as spped gain or loss, I didn't notice any difference. But remember that I used all of the spiders provided.
Old 10-18-2002, 07:45 AM

I would think if you used all provided then it did slow it down.
Old 10-18-2002, 08:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Like I said, I couldn't see any difference. The speed balls are suppose to increase speed, and the spiders decrease speed. I used them together. Maybe if I went to a Chono (which I can't see doing to see if my bow slowed by 2 FFS) what you said may true. All I know is that the arrows hit exactly the same up to 40 yards, with or without the syders. And that's all I'm concerned about.