Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 STEALTH TRAIL CAMERA USERS.....HELP!! >

STEALTH TRAIL CAMERA USERS.....HELP!!

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

STEALTH TRAIL CAMERA USERS.....HELP!!

Old 12-01-2005, 09:06 AM
Fork Horn

Default STEALTH TRAIL CAMERA USERS.....HELP!!

Those of you who use the Stealth trail camera, how do you like them? What about dependability, battery life, and picture quality, ease of use? Are there any other inexpensive cameras that you use. The reason I want to stay inexpensive is I want to use this occasionally on public land. Thanks for your input.

Konk
Old 12-01-2005, 11:29 AM

Default RE: STEALTH TRAIL CAMERA USERS.....HELP!!

i use a stealth cam. i have had mixed success with it. dont ask me why, but it seems to work really good when it is cold outside and not so good when the weather is warm. maybe the sensor works off of heat and there is not enough differnce between the deers body temp. and the air when it is hot.....i dont really know, that is just how mine seems to be. one thing i dont like about it is the noise....it is pretty noisy when it advances the film, however, i have had multiple pictures of the same deer before so i guess it doesnt bother them much. i actually saw a small buck get his picture taken by my stealthcam a few weeks back. it seemed to startle him some, but he did not leave the area. i have several cameras and to be honest the stealth cam is my least favorite, but for the money (ecspeacially on public land)it will probably work out for you.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:21 AM

THEY WORK OK, I MEAN FOR THE 45-50$ YOU SPEND ON THEM TO GET A SEASON OR 2 OUT OF THEM, WHY NOT. BUT BEWARE, TAPE TEM TO THE TREES. bEARS LOVE THEM, I LOST 2 CAMERAS TO BEARS THIS PAST SEASON. THEY MUST SMELL LIKE SYRUP?
Old 12-29-2005, 12:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

the deer will get used to the noise, i would definately get a cheaper one like the staelth cam because of public land.I hunt on public land most of the time to and i have trouble with getting treesteps stolen so now we have to hide them under a log