Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Brave Bow, any good for... >

Brave Bow, any good for...

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Brave Bow, any good for...

Old 11-30-2005, 11:30 AM
Fork Horn

Default Brave Bow, any good for...

I told my daughter I would buy her a bow. I don't want to spend $200 on a Genesis or a bow of that expense till I make sure she likes to shoot. She's small in height butfairly strong. Let off is 17-22lbs. I have no idea if that will be hard or easy for her to pull back.
Any input or thoughts?
Old 11-30-2005, 01:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Brave Bow, any good for...

Well, 17-22lbs is not the letoff but the peak weight, but that is not the biggest consideration. What's more important is that the drawlength is a fixed 19". You need to see if this will fit her. How fast will she outgrow it. A good way to find drawlength is to measure her wingspan and divide it by 2.5. In her case it doesn't have to be exact, but you don't want something that she will grow out of in six months either.

You might even consider one of the cheaper recurve bows out. These are not draw length specific and would possiblyfit her for a longer period of time.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:34 PM

I bought my son a Brave. He out grew it within a year. But they are only $35 so you are not out much. Not to many $35 toys last moe than a couple months lol.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:23 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the info guys. By the way, it has a draw length of 20"-22" (I read it in Cabelas) Maybe it's a new model? The Brave is on sale at Pro Bass for $49.99. If my daughter getsa yearor hopefully moreout of it I'll be OK with that.