Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

TRYKON

Old 11-19-2005, 10:26 AM

Default TRYKON

Hey Guys,

First post here, but I just shot the Trykon, man was it awesome. But, I really couldnt see enough difference to swtich from my VTEC. Its about 9fps faster, the draw seems a lil rougher.

Great bow, its looks sweet to, I just dont know if Im gonna drop the VTEC for the Trykon

OVERALL AN AWESOME BOW!
Old 11-23-2005, 01:53 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: TRYKON

Welcome to the board. I will say that I already own two hoyts, a xtec and an ultratec. I love them both, but when I shot the trykon, I ordered one right then and there. I am getting the xl. It's amazing how dead in the hand this bow is after the shot. The draw might seem a little rougher to you because I assume you are shooting the cam 1/2 on you vtec. The zephyr cam is a softer version of the spiral cam and has a different feel to it, one that I really like. Not to mention the fact that you can adjust the wall on this bow to a feel that you like. I'm not telling you to put the vtec on the back shelf, but man that tryon is awful sweet. Good Luck.
Old 11-26-2005, 09:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

3D, I used to shoot a Darton Maverick which I do love but when I went to get a new sight for my Darton I just asked the pro staffer if they had the Trykon and he said lets shoot. We go out and and I shoot the first arrow and say to him do you take tradeins and he said yup and I say to him order me one today. So I am on order for a new Trykon. I did procede to shoot for another 1/2 hour till dark. Best bow I have ever shot.

Brian
Old 11-26-2005, 09:53 PM

I shot the trykon xl right when my retailer received it. It did everything I wanted it to do, and some. Smooth draw, accurate, and really zips. I think there is a double agent working between Hoyt and Matthews....lol, anyway, definately a new toy for both hunting and target...

Hunting is not just a right, but a responsibility to act upon.
Old 11-27-2005, 03:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think my VTEC has been with me long enough, now I need to find a buyer so I can upgrade to the new Trykon!

My VTEC rig

Old 11-28-2005, 10:10 AM

I like mina alot but I also liked the Razortec I traded in on it.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:44 AM

I had a Mathews Switchback, and i was at the shop one day and a guy i know had the Trykon and said i could shoot it, well after that the switchback was for sale. Once i sold the Switchback i made a trip to the shop and pick me up a Trykon, best bow i have ever shot.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:25 PM

Hey,That was my bow you shot!!!
Old 11-30-2005, 08:17 AM

ORIGINAL: GotstaHunt

Hey,That was my bow you shot!!!
Yep! Biggest mistake of my life.

Old 11-30-2005, 12:00 PM

I see that some of you have xtecs and vtecs. I am looking to buy a new bow. Some of the 05's are on sale here. Do you all know what the difference is between the xtec and vtec? Sorry to hijack the thread.

Quick Reply: TRYKON

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.